Completed the ugrade of the 2.3s

Options
Hey guys I installed crossovers.. dynamat. Hurricane nuts. And I'm sitting here enjoying the sound of them. Still need to get the rdo194s. I'm going to call polk and hopefully get a good rep that will sell them for $48. Need some help finding 1/4 x 20 floor spikes if you guys know where to find some. Also plan on getting another mc2200 amp when on pops up for sell to give these speakers 400 watts each.. thanks for the help everyone. If it wasnt for this forum I would have never known what I was missing. Thanks to Dave for the upgraded crossovers.

3whru6fsuq3u.jpg
I have a light out on the amp.. so dont remind me.. haha

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Nice man. I like the look of the silver screws.

You have a table of coasters but have a coke on that pretty lumber. :D
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    You putting a smile on my face! rock on on keep us posted :)

I came close to buying some 2.3tl's but my house couldn't hold them!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Looking good (except for the fact that you have the channels reversed. The SDA drivers are always on the outside)
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    Looking good (except for the fact that you have the channels reversed. The SDA drivers are always on the outside)

Gotcha.. and yes I had them wrong lol... doing to much at one time lol
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    You putting a smile on my face! rock on on keep us posted :)

I came close to buying some 2.3tl's but my house couldn't hold them!

Haha yes.. glad my girl wasnt hone..
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Speakers are correct . The 2.3's are reversed from the 2.3tl's
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    Options
    Yeah ,
    Like the silver screws !

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Nice Work! Enjoy!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
  • audioluvr
    Options
    You should look at a fresher amp. I don't know how old those are but there are lots of good comparable ones on the market right now
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You should look at a fresher amp. I don't know how old those are but there are lots of good comparable ones on the market right now
    It's a 77 mcintosh..(I think) but everything has been redone on it..
    What do you have in mind? I'm kinda new to all of this
  • audioluvr
    Options
    200 wpc should be adequate if it's got a lot of reserve capacity. I'd look for something with 400-1000 damping factor. This will help control all those drivers.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    It's a 77 mcintosh..(I think) but everything has been redone on it..
    What do you have in mind? I'm kinda new to all of this

If you want to stay with Mcintosh I'd recommend moving up a few generations newer like to an mc452. Adding a 2nd amp is going to give you surprising little improvement as I found out firsthand when I added a 2nd mc2500 to my 1.2tl's. But the newer amps with their quieter background makes for a very noticeable improvement. Even though it has some age on it to I feel your C33 is still a excellent choice for a preamp; enjoy
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    200 wpc should be adequate if it's got a lot of reserve capacity. I'd look for something with 400-1000 damping factor. This will help control all those drivers.

That damping factor thing.....fallacy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mackdrool
    mackdrool Posts: 26
    Options
    I installed these floor spikes on my 3.1tls. They're not 1/4x20 but they come with replacement hurricane nuts. Plus the Nickel will match your speaker screws!
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    mackdrool wrote: »
    I installed these floor spikes on my 3.1tls. They're not 1/4x20 but they come with replacement hurricane nuts. Plus the Nickel will match your speaker screws!

Thanks mackdrool. I'll check em out
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I've purchased Spikes from here before, they offer choices with 1/4-20 Thread options

http://www.adonacorporation.com/tweaks.html

• Sound_Recluse
    Options
    I found these and they seemed to be the cheapest.. and they are 1/4 -20
    06aqdnqrxhso.jpg
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    I looked for gold screws for my hurricane nuts but I could never find any.. damn they would look good with these spikes
  • F1nut
    Options
    These from Adona are much better.
    1vglbe90f95u.jpeg

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Really nice quality stuff...

http://www.adonacorporation.com/index.html
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    Ya the black and gold look badass
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    Price tag is also pretty bad ****
  • F1nut
    Options
    You get what you pay for B)

President of Club Polk

• Sound_Recluse
    Options
    I picked up a bigger amp yesterday for my polks... I cant wait to hook it up this weekend and listen to them. Really didnt have the money to buy this amp but I know these dont come up for sale to often and it was local. So I bought it. This things a beast
    av7si1oht7xb.jpg
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Congrats to you on your new amp. Your 2.3s and that beast will be a great sounding combination.
    Do you have any thoughts yet on how the 2500 compares to the 2200?
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good gawd...a "power guard" on the front panel. What the what? First time I've seen that. Can it be used in the DMC DeLorean?
    3ov2xbq66tvc.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    Congrats to you on your new amp. Your 2.3s and that beast will be a great sounding combination.
    Do you have any thoughts yet on how the 2500 compares to the 2200?

Havent hooked it up yet... will let you guys know
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »
    Good gawd...a "power guard" on the front panel. What the what? First time I've seen that. Can it be used in the DMC DeLorean?
    3ov2xbq66tvc.png

Yes sir... lol.. it doubles as a welder
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 450
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Ooooh nice amp!!!!

For spikes - I used 1/4-20 hanger bolts on my 3.1TLs and they work really well. $3 for all 4.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)