COVID-19

Kex
Kex Posts: 4,892
edited March 2020 in The Clubhouse
Following the untimely demise of the “other” thread, this thread can help keep anyone with an interest up to date on what the situation is as it develops.

Try and keep your politics out of the discussion (in accordance with Club Polk guidance - and they own the forum).

Some information from the previous discussion:
  • The Tracker From John Hopkins University of global infections. This is frequently behind the current situation from other credible local sources, frequently even a day late (sometimes longer), but it still seems to be the most complete source of data that is updated at least daily.
  • The U.S. Center for Disease Control & Prevention Home Page. Updated at noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
  • W.H.O. Response Home Page, with daily updates.
Also, the effect according to age and contributing factors etc.
wave2be0q5lq.jpeg

At the moment, three countries have enacted a strict quarantine outside of China. They are Italy, France and Spain.
  • The number of cases outside of China tripled within a week from last Friday, March 6.
  • The number of cases outside of China will exceed those in China within 24 hours (as of today, March 14).
  • More than 75% of cases detected have recovered in China. 25% of those detected in Iran have recovered.
  • No other country exceeds a recovery rate of 10%.
  • The epicenter is currently Europe, especially Italy and Spain, but also France and Germany.
Alea jacta est!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Lest you forget, being pissed off is far preferable to being pissed on.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Viking64 wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Nothing pisses me off more than words put in my mouth I never spoke---a liberal "go to" tactic. They take YOUR comments, then turn them into what THEY heard and interpreted, then that becomes the new thing that you said.

Nothing pisses me off more than liberals or conservatives that think they are better than each other.

What is amusing is when they start babbling their nonsense. LOL
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Nothing pisses me off more than words put in my mouth I never spoke---a liberal "go to" tactic. They take YOUR comments, then turn them into what THEY heard and interpreted, then that becomes the new thing that you said.

Nothing pisses me off more than liberals or conservatives that think they are better than each other.

and funniest of all is watching a liberal's head literally explode when they resort to insults after they are forced to see their argument is lost.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    It has come to this? Using the military and state police to hunt down out of state people and force them into quarantine? How many more ways can we find to completely destroy our Constitution? How many more of our civil liberties must be shredded in front of our eyes before we say ENOUGH!

Papers please....

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/rhode-island-police-stopping-new-york-cars-aclu-1.43476658

https://www.theblaze.com/news/rhode-island-police-are-now-hunting-down-certain-people-who-are-seeking-refuge-in-state

Couldn't agree more! Our governor in Illinois would be one of the first to enforce his commie policies and shred as much as he could.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

Nothing on the internet pisses me off. To me it's just entertainment. My comment was just a parroting of words to point out a little irony. :p
  • Viking64

So many people think they are right and the others are wrong. Hardly anyone has been right in this world for over 50 years. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Viking64
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Unless you’re R Kelly

Hot.
  • Viking64

and funniest of all is watching a liberal's head literally explode when they resort to insults after they are forced to see their argument is lost.

You have actually seen someone's head explode? Why wasn't THAT on the news? :o
  • BlueFox

Why do you always put your politics into every discussion?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    ...and funniest of all is watching a liberal's head literally explode...

Pics or it didn’t happen😁
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn

Pot, see kettle...

• BlueFox
    I think I will live life on the edge tonight and order a large pizza. Support the economy and all that. I wonder how long the virus lives on food, and the box it comes in?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084

You have actually seen someone's head explode? Why wasn't THAT on the news? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvlWZ3mODJA
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020

• nooshinjohn
    A big worry of mine in all this is the "cry wolf" factor. As more and more numbers come in and this threat appears to be less than what we have been told, what will we do for the next threat that could really be catastrophic?

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    F1nut wrote: »
    3 - 2 - 1.....
    ofppr54as4qy.gif

xmsyqs86cryv.gif

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    edited March 2020
    Sheltering at home! :smile:
    nqycb0gw0bos.png
    s1n0v62x4wjh.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I truly hope that research is done to find out how this virus can take down seemingly healthy workers with no preexisting issues and still have such little effect on the other 90% that it infects. There must be something in those DNA types that are predestined to become severe. I guess time will tell.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nooshinjohn
    Type "A" blood seems to be a factor in the severity...

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Halo--
    Prayers for that family that they successfully get through this.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949

Its all a pointless argument that devolves into name calling and then hiding behind how differing opinions are wrong because there is no "logic" or reasoning behind a different opinion. Then when you ask someone to explain how having a different opinion is "wrong" you get crickets. I went through this exercise last night. Save yourself the time
    and watch The Tiger King, who is running out of time on his pardon:
    i1ng2gbqcqon.jpeg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    verb wrote: »
    I went to many a auto show back in the day there with my Dad....actually met Boss Hog and Bo Duke one year!!

This discussion has been closed.