COVID-19

Comments

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,125
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I bet the President is beside himself knowing that YOU feel that is "probably a good idea." You arrogance knows no bounds. Thank God everyone, KEV is on-board! PPPFFFTTTTTTTTTTT.....go away junior.
    So you know for a fact, and can read into the future, to know the POTUS ordering GM to build ventilators is 100% the right decision. If you are all about logic, explain how that works. Inquiring minds want to know...

• steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,394
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Live... from the internet, it's the Kev/Kex Shitshow! :p
    Burn...by the internet political bullies! Though shall not disagree with the Polk Audio Dictatorship!

That was rather chicken-sht of you. The moment someone busts you out on your obvious bias, you cry wolf?

[email protected]
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,394
    edited March 27
    I bet the President is beside himself knowing that YOU feel that is "probably a good idea." You arrogance knows no bounds. Thank God everyone, KEV is on-board! PPPFFFTTTTTTTTTTT.....go away junior.
    So you know for a fact, and can read into the future, to know the POTUS ordering GM to build ventilators is 100% the right decision. If you are all about logic, explain how that works. Inquiring minds want to know...

I won't play your game. Your "logic" is "so we're not 100% SURE this will work, we need to NOT do it." Really? So in YOUR book of logic, if a solution isn't 100%, it's not worth doing?

Come back after you grow up, and understand that nothing is 100%, and stop the lazy **** arm-chair quarter backing. It's a cheap-shot that a 2nd grader could pull off.

Being NEGATIVE is EASY, any moron can do it. Give me solutions if want my respect.

I have given you too much of my oxygen. You are cut off.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 3,051
    I think I stopped reading this thread at page 30, but I don't like how it is called Corona Virus. "The way to stop the spread of Corona Virus is to..."

If it's going to be referred to as CV, it should be referred to as THE Corona Virus.

I was sick last year from flu. No. I was sick from THE flu. And when I was sick with the flu and had to go to toilet. No. THE toilet. It just sounds like bad grammar or someone forgot a word. Why isn't Jimmy making this post?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,246
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I think I stopped reading this thread at page 30, but I don't like how it is called Corona Virus. "The way to stop the spread of Corona Virus is to..."

If it's going to be referred to as CV, it should be referred to as THE Corona Virus.

I was sick last year from flu. No. I was sick from THE flu. And when I was sick with the flu and had to go to toilet. No. THE toilet. It just sounds like bad grammar or someone forgot a word. Why isn't Jimmy making this post?

Who is "Jimmy"?
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,027
    edited March 27
    Hermitism wrote: »

I think there's more (to, I just did it :s ) focus on with THIS Corona virus than the prefix "the".

I try to proof read my posts but it's usually after I post them. I often think the prefix "the" needs to be inserted. I did it today in fact. :)

I understand your beef, but let us slide. We have a lot on our minds instead of proper grammar unless we have time to re-read our posts.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,158
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    My take is that both partners were still negotiating. Under normal circumstances, no big deal. But these are not normal times. If anything, it lit a fire under both, and it looks like they both have come to an agreement! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,027
    Whom ever was in charge of the water distribution in Puerto Rico should never be in charge of something that big again. I believe there was poor management oversight.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Full text of the Defense Production Act.
    https://www.fema.gov/defense-production-act-overview
    New app from Apple. Answers some questions about symptoms, travel, location, and the provides a recommendation. It told me to "practice social distancing" duh. :smile:
    6vu0doptjcjh.png
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,304
    As of Friday (3/27) the US has 100,000 cases of COVID, but only 1500 deaths from it. I guess that is good news.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,270
    The day isn’t over yet, Bud, and it’s not really good news, since it means that the number of cases identified in the U.S. tripled in three days. Of course, we know that those cases were there anyway, but they weren’t being counted, so, in that respect, it is good news that at least we are starting to realize what we are dealing with. This is what everyone was saying when we only had sixty cases identified: that there were far more undetected cases roaming around, spreading the disease.

The day isn’t over and there are currently 104,000 cases in the U.S. including 1,700 deaths. If the cases double again in three or four days, we’ll have 200,000 cases. We could easily be looking at 500,000 cases in two weeks time, or worse.

This is only getting started, and New York will not be the only hotspot before long.
    Alea jacta est!
  • KexKex Posts: 4,270
    edited March 27
    This is from the British epidemiologist, Neil Ferguson, who some thought had walked back his predictions:
    1/4 - I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19.

2/4 -This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged.

3/4 - My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place.

4/4 - Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

Alea jacta est!
    edited March 27

I won't play your game. Your "logic" is "so we're not 100% SURE this will work, we need to NOT do it." Really? So in YOUR book of logic, if a solution isn't 100%, it's not worth doing?

Come back after you grow up, and understand that nothing is 100%, and stop the lazy **** arm-chair quarter backing. It's a cheap-shot that a 2nd grader could pull off.

Being NEGATIVE is EASY, any moron can do it. Give me solutions if want my respect.

I have given you too much of my oxygen. You are cut off.
    And yet you keep responding....just to get the last word in. Please, oh great master of the Polk Clubhouse....put me on your feared "ignore list" of members who dont fall lock-step with your political opinions. The sad thing is you and I have had pretty much zero correspondence on this site until this thread came up. Whats even sadder is my comment on the POTUS and the GM ventilator idea probably being a good idea at this point was actually meant to be an olive branch to put this behind us. Instead you go on a tirade about being a 'better American' than I, some how tie Obama into it, and then indirectly call me a moron. Pure class. Lastly, I would like to post all the PMs I received in support of someone finally calling out your intranet gang of political opinion police...but that would just further the game you refer to. Most people come hear not to listen to constant political bickering they can easily assimilate on Fair and Balanced or MSNBC. Have a pleasant evening sir.

edited March 27
    4/4 - Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

That’s amazing, to me, that the social isolation has such a positive impact on the death rate.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,514
    Lastly, I would like to post all the PMs I received in support...

I am staying out of this because I have better things to do right now, like going through my junk mail again but I must say. Every time I have seen someone throughout history here at Club Polk post this quote above, it's like a bright, blue Bat signal shining up in the sky that warns everyone of someone posting complete BS.

Now, back to more important things.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,685
    edited March 27
    ...you go on a tirade about being a 'better American' than I, some how tie Obama into it, and then indirectly call me a moron.

No need to call you a moron at all, and certainly no need for it to be implied. You are doing an admirable job proving that all by yourself.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    True, but to be more accurate it should be “Whoever controls the media controls the mind of the stupid people”.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Lastly, I would like to post all the PMs I received in support...

I am staying out of this because I have better things to do right now, like going through my junk mail again but I must say. Every time I have seen someone throughout history here at Club Polk post this quote above, it's like a bright, blue Bat signal shining up in the sky that warns everyone of someone posting complete BS.

Now, back to more important things.

Tom
    Thank you for your opinion sir.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,434
    Kex wrote: »
    The day isn’t over yet, Bud, and it’s not really good news, since it means that the number of cases identified in the U.S. tripled in three days. Of course, we know that those cases were there anyway, but they weren’t being counted, so, in that respect, it is good news that at least we are starting to realize what we are dealing with. This is what everyone was saying when we only had sixty cases identified: that there were far more undetected cases roaming around, spreading the disease.

The day isn’t over and there are currently 104,000 cases in the U.S. including 1,700 deaths. If the cases double again in three or four days, we’ll have 200,000 cases. We could easily be looking at 500,000 cases in two weeks time, or worse.

This is only getting started, and New York will not be the only hotspot before long.

We could be looking at 500,000 cases huh. How about 39 million will get the flu.400,000 will be hospitalized, and maybe 10k will die from CV, 20K ? Flu is roughly at 23k....and that's just a so-so year. Real bad years and flu deaths can reach 50k+

Btw, I get this whole bending of the curve thing, in order to keep from overloading the HC system....got it, check that box, good idea.

Now, isn't those of you crying for more testing, going to also overload the system ? Once you determine a person has it, you gotta do something about it right ? Maybe that's why there isn't as big a rush for test kits as there is for medical supplies/vents.

Every highly populated area/city has the potential to be a hot spot, that's not anything new. Maybe if NY , as early as early March, wouldn't have told it's people to continue to go out on the town, go to parades, dinner, theater, live a normal life, they might have had better control over the spread. The whole month of February, they did zip. You can look at the timeline posted earlier, look at what was going on in Feb., even January. Still NY chose, just for spite, to ignore. Fine, he played with your lives, not his. He played with your livelihood, not his. He'll get a paycheck no matter what, will NY'ers ? He won't go bankrupt, will other NY'ers ? Mardi gras went forward, California was having events still. Even my Town, Chicago, the people are just boneheads and don't care if they spread it. Can't legislate common sense. Suburbs are a whole other world compared to the big cities. People are curteous, keep their distance, ask if you need help. Nobody is getting together in the parks out here in numbers out of spite. If your currently unemployed, and live in the city, stay with friends or family in the burbs. You chances of catching this virus just went down bigly. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,685
    edited March 27
    BlueFox wrote: »
    True, but to be more accurate it should be “Whoever controls the media controls the mind of the stupid people”.

That explains a lot actually... now that you can grasp that, when are you going to start forming your own opinions?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    ...you go on a tirade about being a 'better American' than I, some how tie Obama into it, and then indirectly call me a moron.

No need to call you a moron at all, and certainly no need for it to be implied. You are doing an admirable job proving that all by yourself.
    How so? Because there are differing political opinions in the world other than yours, or because you belief....what? Please explain....

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!