Is RTI A series discontinued?

I am new so I apologize if this has been discussed.

I am seeing the RTI A is not listed on the website under home theatre products.
However, many are still available on amazon. Are these models the last new products that will be available?

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
  • so.. theyre discontinued?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited December 2019
    chijimi wrote: »
    so.. theyre discontinued?

How did you come to that conclusion? I'm able to add them to my cart from the Polk homepage and order them.
  • Its like i said, they are not listed under the product lineup on the website.

sure the product page is available if you use the webaddress, but the product lineup shows all others just not RTIA series.

lots of retailers have low or no stock of cherry speakers on the web. those usually sell better so i am wondering why
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Its like i said, they are not listed under the product lineup on the website.

sure the product page is available if you use the webaddress, but the product lineup shows all others just not RTIA series.

lots of retailers have low or no stock of cherry speakers on the web. those usually sell better so i am wondering why

I don't why you can't find them, took me 5 seconds.

https://www.polkaudio.com/home-audio-speakers/floor-standing-towers
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• chijimi
    chijimi Posts: 13
    edited December 2019
    Your link:
    very conveniently is missing the link every other product listed has. You know the link i speak about, the one that would otherwise say "Shop RTiA Series"

Next is the dedicated Home Theater Products Page:
    https://www.polkaudio.com/home-audio-speakers/home-theater-systems
    This page has absolutely no information or imagery pertaining to the RTiA Series. This is strange since the RTi acronym means Reference Theater Improved. Why wouldnt they list the Reference Theater Improved products on their Home Theater product page unless they are phased out?

Last are merchants on the web, selling what remains at firesale prices, practically identical to the pricing of the TSi series. Unless you want RTiA9s in cherry, you can get them for MSRP but stock is LOW! The black wood however can be had 55% off (for a limited time)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yes, we were previously told by people no longer at Sound United that the new lines would be streamlined for good, better, best:

1. Good = t series
    2. Better= signature series
    3. Best = legend series

Based on that info I assume the RTiA series is being phased out along with the LSiM series. I do think that might be a bit shortsighted as there is a HUGE price and performance gap between the signature and legend series. But I sure it’s based on sales data and market research. More people are interested in lifestyle products that good ole big box speakers...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Yes, we were previously told by people no longer at Sound United that the new lines would be streamlined for good, better, best:

1. Good = t series
    2. Better= signature series
    3. Best = legend series

Based on that info I assume the RTiA series is being phased out along with the LSiM series. I do think that might be a bit shortsighted as there is a HUGE price and performance gap between the signature and legend series. But I sure it’s based on sales data and market research. More people are interested in lifestyle products that good ole big box speakers...

In looking at Craigslist Polk offerings, have found most are of the lower Level polk lines, not the Rti or Rtia, or Lsim or even Lsi.

Maybe they know more than we do
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I’m not sure I understand what Craigslist has to do with it? The question is whether or not Polk will continue to manufacture these lines verses just unloading old stock...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I think he is suggesting that people are holding onto their RTI and LSI series.
  • Clipdat
    Your link:
    very conveniently is missing the link every other product listed has. You know the link i speak about, the one that would otherwise say "Shop RTiA Series"

Are you looking on the mobile site or something?

qegu0yfsyybo.png

• Thats strange, mine looks like this:
    3wjm9o3nt6m9.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Oh I see what you mean now. That's strange. Maybe try a different browser.
  • I just checked it on my iphone and its how my screengrab on my PC looks. WEIRD!
  • Clipdat
    Haha. For some reason they really don't want you to order them!
  • Kex
    ^^^^

😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • K_M
    edited December 2019
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I’m not sure I understand what Craigslist has to do with it? The question is whether or not Polk will continue to manufacture these lines verses just unloading old stock...

Which ones people tend to keep or get rid of over a few years...may partially drive which lines they keep going or not.
  • K_M
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Haha. For some reason they really don't want you to order them!

The entire site, on 2 different computers and 3 different browsers, does not load efficiently and is a bit confusing.

Other speaker companies have FAR more intuitive sites, where you just look under "Products" and see each speaker "line" listed..click on it and then see the whole line at once.

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Well I need to shop & pop for my second (last) pair of RTi A3s while I can. Can’t wait (3-4 years) till I move to complete my 7.X system to buy them
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • chijimi
    chijimi Posts: 13
    edited February 2020
    ...and its gone! I dont have links for the A9's on amazon. The last few speakers are in black and harder to find. Its was a good run. RIP RTIA

RTIA7 Cherry Pair - Unavailable
    RTIA7 Cherry Single 1 available used from Amazon Warehouse
    Post edited by chijimi on
  • Kex
    Still available from This Link, provided at the very start of the thread.

Maybe their distribution agreements have been discontinued with some suppliers?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    P.S. Availability from that link includes the cherry color.
    Alea jacta est!
  • appo2396
    appo2396 Posts: 9
    edited March 2020
    I am currently living in Chiang Mai, Thailand and the rtia speakers are available here on lazada.com. the rtia 5 sell for 21k and the rtia 7 sell for 29k. Divide the price by 31 to get the price in dollars.