A good day to smoke!

I just got out of Costco and almost went nuts, I contracted "emotional contagion". Actually no but I got a flat of them thick pork chops and I got a whole chicken in the freezer that needs a home in my belly. I am looking for dry rub suggestions that will work on both pork and chicken. I am gonna run the "Masterbuilt" in the garage lest the neighbors think that I have food.

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    I was concerned for a moment as to where you intended to apply the dry rub, but it was just on the pork and chicken, so that’s reassuring! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I did get two Juggs of "Super Chunk" peanut butter.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited March 2020
    Dang, I forgot to get bacon! If I got to go back now, I want to go out bacon-wrapped.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 520
    A popular rub I remember from my days in Eastern NC (one of the BBQ nerve centers of the USA):

Equal parts salt, black pepper, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, then double parts of brown sugar and paprika. Works with chicken or pork.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Grill Your **** Off
    Infidel Pork Rub

Veteran owned company, inexpensive, and fricking delicious.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have used this for pork butts and tenderloin. It’s pretty awesome!

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/spice-rubs-and-pastes/meatheads-memphis-dust-rub-recipe
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    anonymouse wrote: »
    I second that recommendation for Meathead Memphis Dust. I use it on ribs all the time and they are very very popular. Keep in mind that the quality of the spices, especially the paprika matters a lot - try to get Hungarian paprika.

Oh yea I’ve used it on ribs too sooo good. In fact I’ve got some ribs imma gonna smoke tomorrow...outside though cause I’m not an animal 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    https://grillyourassoff.com/

Of course I am sure that the censor-bot 1000k will nuke the link...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    https://grillyourassoff.com/

Of course I am sure that the censor-bot 1000k will nuke the link...

nope, it survived :)

Real, 'fresh' Hungarian paprika is amazing.
    Did y'all know that Szent-Györgyi discovered Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in paprika?
    It's a little-known fact :)

If us biochemists had, like, Marvel comics superhero biochemists, he'd be one of them.

B)

mcydce5bdqse.png
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    Gonna smoke a rack of ribs tomorrow and use the Meathead’s Memphis Dust recipe! B)