California Shut Down-stay in your house?

Options
13»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Sssup britches....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    Wow....it’s going to get interesting. Lighten up friends.

Smooth seas have never created skillful sailors.

Interesting indeed. Ohh the divide. Lol

Gonna steal that one pal. 🙂
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Guy's, guy's guy's... please clam it down.

this virus is no joke and even Mr. Newsom is not playing politics or not as much as he could be. Yes there are some trying to play the game still but it's too late. Best they can do now is slow it down.

If this gets into the homeless population God help us all.

Please keep it civil, watch out for your neighbor no matter what political party they belong to, unless they like Bose.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Saw a story today about a bunch of kids in Virginia, coughing on the produce in the grocery store and putting it on social media. Parents need to start giving these brats a proper arse whoopin.

Yea little Jimmy and Grechen need a little affirmative action attached to the posterior.

But try not to hurt their feelings so they do not feel remorse for their actions.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    I step away for a few......shakes head
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So the mandate to stay in your home and keep the kids out of the public may not be such a bad idea. The clowns here in Ohio are showing their a s s and having no regard for public safety. In the meantime I am having a Quarantine Party and nobody is invited. And I'm sick of local news not being truthful. They said a mask and gloves are all that's needed at the grocery store....ahhh not. When I got there, all the people in the store had clothes on! Man did I feel stupid!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Not Tom
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    Options
    Guys, I am not the issue here. No, I had not one drop of mind altering drugs or alcohol. I hate hypocrites with a passion. The "Do as I say but not as I do" kinda crowd...I will simply point this out and drop the subject. Bud, flat out is a hypocrite and last night I hit my tipping point.

All quotes include post times and different thread locations for reference. This was Bud IN ONE DAY!!!
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Grow up. Stop worrying about what people post. MYOB, or start your own site.
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's funny. You are the one who consistently posts about how people should post and what they should posts about, staying on topic, blah, blah, blah.

Example that led to my reaction last night....
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Tony. STFU. <snip>

I rest my case. This was a cross-thread reaction and I posted this to show the forum that I did not cross my threshold of tolerance for no reason. I HATE hypocrites with an extreme passion. They are the worst scum of the Earth to me, greedy, selfish, useless and void of any common sense whatsoever.

Anyone who defends a hypocrite needs to either learn the definition or get some mental health because a hypocrite is akin to a mosquito. All they do is annoy, suck blood and **** you unnecessarily for their own personal gain. My snap back at Bud last night was a long time coming, as he is a habitual hypocrite.

With that said, I have said my peace and will lay it to rest.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Major family decision made today. Dinner from our favorite local Mexican restaurant! Still open for delivery! :smile:
    666h2qx9lykg.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    That looks good, might be what's for dinner.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Major family decision made today. Dinner from our favorite local Mexican restaurant! Still open for delivery! :smile:
    666h2qx9lykg.png

So what's so major about it? Now that you mentioned it I could go for some nachos from Taco Bell.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    charley96 wrote: »
    And when this crap settles down he'll be back to putting non residents first.

Ain't that the truth.
    Nice....
  • verb
    Options
    Lol! Just trying to inject some levity in the thread! But we did have a family discussion about what to do for our traditional Saturday night dining out! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Not Tom

Nor Motor.
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Maybe everyone should go outside and take a walk. Enjoy nature....it may help with the nasty dispositions. Good grief....people slamming immigrants and affirmative action so early on a saturday? Sooo divisive.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Maybe everyone should go outside and take a walk. Enjoy nature....it may help with the nasty dispositions. Good grief....people slamming immigrants and affirmative action so early on a saturday? Sooo divisive.

GTFOSTFU go walk on the wild side.....

:D:D:D
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Not sure what GTFOSTFU means....not too familiar with the millennial speak. 😂
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Not sure what GTFOSTFU means....not too familiar with the millennial speak. 😂

I was being a smartarse. I'm for from millennial speak
    Get the fook out shut the fook up

😂😂
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Not making light of anything, but here's a different spin on the shutdown. Not gospel truth but a good watch.

https://youtu.be/uKt7KfB-x-o

Also a good video on germs. This guy helped design the mars rover.

https://youtu.be/I5-dI74zxPg
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    Cali haters are gonna hate. Even the ones who live here. Too bad for them. There's no riots. People are outside all over the place. Weather's beautiful. Walked to a local restaurant and picked up some take-out for breakfast. Will ride the bike along the beach later. Maybe go wait in line to get into the grocery store. People are being super friendly. Nice neighbors, etc.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    The people here are not, and never have been the problem. It is the people they vote for that are the problem....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    The people here are not, and never have been the problem. It is the people they vote for that are the problem....

That doesn’t make any sense.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    I was just shopping for the first time in a week. Trader Joe’s, La Cañada-Flintridge.
    • Excellent social distancing outside the store.
    • Everyone in good humor.
    • Staff spraying down the carts with disinfectant, wiping them, and handing them to customers as they enter the store, where disposable wipes are handed out individually for those who want one.
    • Inside, the store was almost fully stocked. I’d say about 90%, but there were some gaping holes in the pasta section, and some canned goods.
    • Many items were limited to two per customer, but wine was not, so I picked up 12 bottles and some Champagne (which is totally normal for me).
    Practically no different than normal shopping, and the staff are just awesome!
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I wish that I had friends because I will be cooking up a storm this weekend and I can't eat it all. I sure wish Costco didn't inoculate its beef with pathogens because I would have gotten some steaks too. PS that was a joke, yooz are all the friends that I need, y'all don't eat much and I never have to throw you out of my house.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Yes it does.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    666h2qx9lykg.png

Operation Mexico City in Warren Michigan was a success. Pick up only, only a couple folks in line, social distancing, all good.

And the dinner was great! :smile:
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Remind the Mrs. that Day #1 of Self Quarantine starts in the AM 😘
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,472
    Options
    We got take out at our local breakfast joint "Squat N Gobble". My wife had an omelette and I had country fried steak and eggs with grits.xokllj7idxtd.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"