COVID-19

Comments

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,262
    Its the old fall back on blaming immigrants or people different that I am ploy. Been used throughout history to stoke fear and anger for political purposes. The problem is people have a tougher time identifying it through professional looking internet "news" sources.
    On a positive note....Im going fishing!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,944
    Look at Kex virture signaling while continuing to dig that hole.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• charley96charley96 Posts: 139
    I love it when people play the race card.
  • Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,885
    I've heard that this virus is much harder on men than women since when they lose work they lose a full $1.00 compared to women that only lose $.79. My thoughts and prayers go out to those losing that $1.00.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,893
    Had to lay off a staff of 30 today...…………..getting back on topic...……..
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,647
    NotaSuv, what type of business? I wonder how much the economy is going to collapse, and how many jobs are going to be lost.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,429
    F1nut wrote: »
    Insight to the Italian Wuhan virus situation.
    https://uncoverdc.com/2020/03/20/why-italy/
    Kex wrote: »
    Uncover DC is a conspiracy website, with an extreme alt-right bias.

Anyone getting their news from such sources lacks the intellectual capability to distinguish lies and misinformation from facts.

If you actually read the article it was not written by Uncover DC. It is actually a composition timeline of other articles written by the New York Times, New Yorker, Reuters, etc
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • KexKex Posts: 4,323
    There is indeed a quote from an old NYT article at the beginning that merely explains how the Chinese have been attempting to break into the Italian fashion industry since 2010. It seems to have been inserted to lend credibility to all of the theory that follows alleging that the Chinese practically inject Italians with COVID-19 because of their plan to take over the world.

Other than that, it’s mostly fiction, stringing together a bunch of ideas that were gleaned off the internet, with no actual bona fide reporting of their own.

It explains exactly why some people insist on calling the Wuhan virus, which even Breitbart and Fox News do not do.

“Why Italy” is a false claim anyway. From the graph posted earlier, and from the figures reported by JHU, the U.S. is on exactly the same path. In fact, probably a worse path than Italy.
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,365
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @Joey_V I know you probably don't have time for this but if you know about or have any experience with Hanta virus and Swine flu fatalities can you briefly describe how they compare with Covid-19 fatalities?

@Joey_V can you or anyone let me know if you answered this? I got swept away into another dimension shortly after I posted this and it's buried in twenty-plus pages since.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
    I don’t think that has been addressed, @afterburnt
    Alea jacta est!
    In more positive “fact-based” news from a credible source FDA approves first rapid coronavirus test with 45 minutes detection time!
    Alea jacta est!
  • GardenstaterGardenstater Posts: 1,279
    "From the graph posted earlier, and from the figures reported by JHU, the U.S. is on exactly the same path. In fact, probably a worse path than Italy."

I think I poked a substantial hole in that earlier.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, most mods comp. (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
    I don’t think that has been addressed, @afterburnt

Is there a way to find all post by @Joey_V in this thread?
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I don’t think so, @Gardenstater. It’s a valid point, but since the U.S. has been testing so little, Italy would have conducted 100,000 tests when the U.S. had conducted 500, therefore U.S. numbers remain vastly underrepresented compared with reality, and Italy.

In the meantime, many in the U.S. would have died from supposed pneumonia, when they probably had COVID-19.

Not being able to show the graph on a per 100,000 capita basis doesn’t mean the conclusions about the speed of spread are inaccurate.
    Alea jacta est!
    It doesn’t disturb me in the slightest. Using it in this context reveals racism in its purest form.

I read the article once. I won’t be reading it again. It’s the epitome of fake news from a conspiracy website posing as a news website.
    Alea jacta est!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Is there a way to find all post by @Joey_V in this thread?
    Try this Link to Joey’s comments.
    Alea jacta est!
  • GardenstaterGardenstater Posts: 1,279
    "I don’t think so, @Gardenstater. It’s a valid point, but since the U.S. has been testing so little, Italy would have conducted 100,000 tests when the U.S. had conducted 500, therefore U.S. numbers remain vastly underrepresented compared with reality, and Italy."

The numbers not being correctly put on a per capita basis was only one of my points. The other one was that Italy only tested its most severely sick patients.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, most mods comp. (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
    I have no confidence in any statistics. Correct me if I am wrong but I haven't seen any that are based on an unbiased scientific sampling. Until those infected that show "little or no symptoms" are included, I see no reason to consider the statistics.

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,033
    Uncover DC is a conspiracy website, with an extreme alt-right bias.

Anyone getting their news from such sources lacks the intellectual capability to distinguish lies and misinformation from facts.

Kex you're not the type of fella to be assigned to lead point through the jungle in Nam.
    'Nuff said. 😎
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,291
    edited March 21
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Kex....v0f0c4kc1c3a.gif

I see that EXACT image every time I happen to see Rachael Maddow.

Come to think about it, I've seen quite a few others the past 3 1/2 or 4 years doing the exact same thing. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,235
    9u1kepgpe8pd.png
    o449rqldlp8q.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    gfe26xqjiw8e.png
    46swgcz28mrv.png
    mdg0d415czep.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Tough lady! :smile:
    r7736imwir5l.png
    sniocuwn6iww.png
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,291
    edited March 21
    She looks like she could've been a mean boss with no sense of humor either. :#:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 7,372
    verb wrote: »
    bhqi6te5fl36.png
    5ipntg4ph0bh.png

He shoulda gave them a BLANK check!!!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!