COVID-19

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,230
    Look LA let’s not go there...Remember Pearl Harbor
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,230
    edited March 18
    Those boys were American first and foremost. upkvw02c1e5v.jpg
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,294
    verb wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

No, No, No!

While I appreciate your sentiment. There IS NO comparison.

Tom

Agreed Tom, the generations that followed The Greatest Generation have searched in vain to find some way to measure up, and have always come up short. There have been moments of great triumph, but all those moments would have never been possible without the sacrifice of the WW2 generation.

We have yet to experience such a calling, and I pray to God that call never comes.

Is this the time? I can only hope. But the kids aren't really impacted. They're carriers. It dismays me as well to see the defiant party goers having fun, not realizing or not caring that they could be exacerbating the problem.

This is all so new it really hasn’t sunk in to a lot of people. I first started a COVID thread in February, and some forum members went out of their way to ridicule it. Some are still posting their nonsense in this thread. Also, I liked your Iwo Jima post. Nothing at all wrong with it.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,558
    That's more than 12 Monkeys.

I disabled signatures.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,032
    It saddens me how just about everything gets politicised these days. Freaking bathrooms is a right vs left issue, it's ridiculous IMO. Some things should be us vs the thing not this us (right) vs us (left) tribalism.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,506
    edited March 18
    treitz3 wrote: »
    A variant from another great generation, but applies today, IMO. I sense that folks out there are starting to come together. @Joey_V keep up the good fight!

dkvhh4cyaqkv.png

No, No, No!

While I appreciate your sentiment. There IS NO comparison.

Tom

Hey no worries my brother. I agree, no comparison, as the sacrifices on Iwo Jima were among the greatest ever. <Snip>

I never meant to imply that the circumstances were equivalent. Not by any means. <snip>
    Thank you sir. That was my first post on this thread and hopefully my last. The comparison is unfathomable.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,677
    If that happened in NYC, someone would throw a brick at her window and scream at her to shut up...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Pleasant and surreal. Reminds me of the scene in Saving Private Ryan., before that last stance. As the town all but destroyed, but a couple speakers still broadcasting while the soldiers sit and talk in somber.

TFS
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• halenhalen Posts: 609
    What is TFS Mr txcoastal?

First thing that comes to mind is...

Team Foundation Server.
    That Effin Sucks?
    Tomato found sugar?

Brady Left Patriots? Haha
    edited March 18
    Thanks for sharing ...dufus, and I thought you were a computer hipster :/

Your baby girl probably knows that :D

• Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,866
    edited March 18
    I just heard that the OKC Thunder/Utah Jazz game that got stopped last week was due to the Oklahoma County health department asking to test the Jazz prior to the game. The NBA had no action in this at all and never had any plans to test the players at all prior to this. I find it odd that something so random as this and Tom Hank's tweet within a hour of each other sent all of us searching for answers. I also find it odd that they could get results in hours not days like Joey is having issues with.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240442819392782344
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
    I hope we don’t end up as a few hunter-gatherers, but this might be the planet dealing with over population.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    I suggest everyone to do due diligence against this Chinese virus. You know.

The Kung Flu one.

You should watch the true racism that occurs by searching any YouTube video. You will find what our president said is nothing compared to what these people are saying or their view on Asians. And look at where they lean politically.

Believe it or not. The older gen Asians that lost their country and now true legal Americans... are not willing to lose a country again. The greatest ever.

With that said. Grows balls and stop your children from going out vacationing due to this. It is not vacation time.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,677
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I hope we don’t end up as a few hunter-gatherers, but this might be the planet dealing with over population.

And you think us knuckle draggers need tinfoil hats...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • verbverb Posts: 10,155
    Phase 2 is now law. Phase 3 coming.
    4sfet4xsxtmc.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    halen wrote: »
    I suggest everyone to do due diligence against this Chinese virus. You know.

The Kung Flu one.

You should watch the true racism that occurs by searching any YouTube video. You will find what our president said is nothing compared to what these people are saying or their view on Asians. And look at where they lean politically.

Believe it or not. The older gen Asians that lost their country and now true legal Americans... are not willing to lose a country again. The greatest ever.

With that said. Grows balls and stop your children from going out vacationing due to this. It is not vacation time.

Even as a kid, I never understood racism, and that was growing up in Maryland with a father from DC, and a mother from North Carolina. Heck, her brother was in the NC KKK, and would bring really stupid records to play when he visited. I guess the stupid people just need somebody to blame for their failure in life.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »

And you think us knuckle draggers need tinfoil hats...

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,270
    The U.S. has just overtaken France as having the fifth largest case numbers outside of China.

Believe it or not, this is probably good news. We are finally testing on a reasonable scale, but still so much farther to go. If the Pasteur Institute developed fast testing over seven weeks ago, why has it taken us so long?!

9,345 cases in the U.S. on March 03, 2020.
    Alea jacta est!
    I have just today learned that my young niece has now been quarantined along with her husband and six month old, due to exposure through her business.
    Alea jacta est!
  • verbverb Posts: 10,155
    Kex wrote: »
    I have just today learned that my young niece has now been quarantined along with her husband and six month old, due to exposure through her business.

Oh dear. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    I totally expect that they’ll be okay, Dave. It’s inconvenient, certainly, and her business has to operate without her at the helm for now. They are young, fit, and strong.

Thanks for the kind words! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
    halen wrote: »
    Kex,

How about taking part more somewhere in society that brings about better solutions?

Instead of talking or posting these things. Go out and make a change, maybe? Perhaps it has taken us so long because people talk more than they are willing to put out the effort to do?

Not pointing at you. But change or action requires action. Not online posts.

I will be more than happy to share what I have been doing about this to help. And no it is hoarding things.

To be honest. I am beginning to feel helpless. The negativity seems to negate everything that is being done.

Bottom line. I don’t care who takes credit or not for anything. It is lives of the innocent or not. It sucks to lose someone.

If people want to unite, this is the time. Stop talking about me, and more about us. Stop talking about “If I go down, every one is done for”.

It is sickening.

Word salad?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,245
    Kex wrote: »
    Word salad?

I was going to give that post the old grammar treatment, but I didn't even know where to start. :o
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,507
    edited March 19
    You two obviously don't realize that English is not Halen's native language. Now, go hang your heads in shame.....geeesh!!!
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,245
    F1nut wrote: »
    bozos

REPORTED!!!!!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,507
    edited March 19
    Not worth it.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!