What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Cats ARE curious creatures for sure! :#

We love having one around.

Oreo...who's a hoot! :D
    t50bpriarq6h.png

Cali, who has gone to cat heaven last summer. :'(
    2x2nydybt9f2.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I love my REL...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    dromunds wrote: »
    Glad you’re liking the 703’s

Thanks Don. Today was the first time I put them in the system. Obviously, I know the sound signature from the 705s, but even so they surprised me today. Looking forward to much more time with them.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2020
    verb wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    hdo6gj26dfgf.jpeg

Pulled my subs out into the room for evaluation.

My evaluation is complete. AWESOME room! :smile:

Thanks. I have been working on the room for the last couple of years.

Moving the subs was interesting. Gave me the ability to use more volume with the subs. Listened to iRobot, DSOTM, Fragile, Radio KIOS and Nightfly. Was a all out assault on top notch vinyl. Sounded great. Wife was not particularly happy with placement but hey its my room.

I will continue to evaluate sound quality with the subs out of the corners.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    I had to try it and see for myself though >:)
    Is your Canare 4S11 10 gauge, too? That would make a double run equal to 7 ga? Specifically, what did you learn...? I’m gonna dodge a tomato or two before this is over.

Tony
    [/quote]
    Yes that's what I had and what I did. What I learned was Canare double run was an upgrade over basic 12 gauge cable I was using. Next I learned that a pair of 8' MIT mh750 speaker cables are an upgrade over that 3' Canare double run. I had thought the shorter and thicker Canares would win out but my ears told me a different story.
    I'm in the bunker next to you ducking those tomatos :)

• Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    I turned it on and listened to records. It was nice.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Just got these in today. More to come later.qkp2nfjmadnp.jpg
    my0taz7j41hx.jpg

Excited to hear what you think of those!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I installed RD0194's in all of my surround speakers...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    How are the new wires?
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    just shipped my trade-in organic 2 speaker cables back to musical artisans, it took all of 5 minutes comparative listening :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    xsmi wrote: »
    So, this followed me home today. I’m gonna have some time off because of the virus, so maybe I’ll have time to finally put my system together.

04s8blb0odkx.jpeg
    7q78yrgdk6tl.jpeg

99 Preamp, a Rogue Audio Classic. Has it had any upgrades? Magnum or Super Magnum?

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    It’s a 66. Phono pre.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    xsmi wrote: »
    It’s a 66. Phono pre.

Sure didn't look that tall in the picture. You would think that I would have known that, as my first Tube Preamp was the 66 Magnum, I've been hooked ever since ;)

• jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    Well, I'll be up all night. gfvmn0fu9xl7.jpg

Congratulations Marvin. Norma gears are some of really nice ones to have and listen to. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one. It looks nice. Enjoy!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Skip has your number, doesn't he, Marv? ;) But that's a good problem to have. Congrats man!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Well, I'll be up all night. gfvmn0fu9xl7.jpg
    I think it's safe to say that Marvin is having the most fun with this social distancing/quarantine time.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Having a great system definitely helps pass the time quite well!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Got this today from CL. 10amp Powerstat. Minty! The guy even delivered it to the house! :smile:
    yhec7uliz3ga.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Got this today from CL. 10amp Powerstat. Minty! The guy even delivered it to the house! :smile:

Set that around 85 volts and let it power your guitar amp, and you'll get a nice, old school Van Halen tone.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Viking64 wrote: »

Set that around 85 volts and let it power your guitar amp, and you'll get a nice, old school Van Halen tone.
    IIRC Eddie like his amps powered w/140VAC but I’m not as young as I was

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hooked up an 8' pair of Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables with their matching jumpers.

Did you get these from @joecoulson ? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.