COVID-19

Comments

• Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,322
    Again, just asking Joey, but you have two or three deaths occur in patients from this virus that you had contact with, what steps are being taken to prevent you becoming infected.

Why are you not in quarantine yourself?

Because I was in full gear appropriate for the situation.

And take me down, everyone will suffer
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
  • KexKex Posts: 4,270
    Always the gentleman, even under pressure @Joey_V!

Stay safe!
    Alea jacta est!
    The United Kingdom has reversed course, and although not as aggressive in its measures as other European countries, is now also advocating strongly for social distancing.

According to the report below, this is partly in response to a study by Imperial College in London, which modeled that just relying on so-called herd immunity could have meant 260,000 deaths in a population of 63 million.

Adopting a social distancing and quarantine approach, modeling suggests a death toll in thousands, or tens of thousands.

Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK's chief scientific adviser, said the UK is now "three weeks" behind Italy.

PM says everyone should avoid office, pubs and travelling
    Alea jacta est!
  • GardenstaterGardenstater Posts: 920
    55SLA70 I think you're confusing the CDC test kits with the specimen container which has the swab and whatever preservative or whatever else is in there, that the doctor's offices use to take the specimen, or place the specimen into. The CDC test kits have 2 boxes, one with 4 different reagents in it, enough for 1000 patients and the 2nd box has 4 vials of a positive control, which has enough in them in total for 700-800 patients.

But now there are commercial labs like the Mayo Clinic, Quest Diagnostics, Labcorp and some others that have been given temporary permissions to do their own testing and they have developed their own "kits".

The 32 million figure might even be on the low side if the predicitons of epidemiologists turn out to be correct. They are predicting 96M cases or infected in the US so that would mean that a lot more than that would have to be tested if this thing isn't brought under control by extreme lockdown procedures, like the ones that are starting to be put in place all over.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

rih9lmxoi4kq.png
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14 gauge, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Polkitup2Polkitup2 Posts: 1,590
    Locking more down in Minnesota:

ayqgd3qzmc0z.png

• Polkitup2Polkitup2 Posts: 1,590
    edited March 16
    More:

0hwllg6pnddn.png

The closures will take effect Tuesday, March 16 at 5 p.m., and it will last through Friday, March 27.

Unfortunate news guys.

But keep in mind, this isn’t the world killing virus. Many will still survive. Let’s just hope summer gets here soon.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2

Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
  • 55SLA7055SLA70 Posts: 22
    55SLA70 I think you're confusing the CDC test kits with the specimen container which has the swab and whatever preservative or whatever else is in there, that the doctor's offices use to take the specimen, or place the specimen into. The CDC test kits have 2 boxes, one with 4 different reagents in it, enough for 1000 patients and the 2nd box has 4 vials of a positive control, which has enough in them in total for 700-800 patients.

But now there are commercial labs like the Mayo Clinic, Quest Diagnostics, Labcorp and some others that have been given temporary permissions to do their own testing and they have developed their own "kits".

The 32 million figure might even be on the low side if the predicitons of epidemiologists turn out to be correct. They are predicting 96M cases or infected in the US so that would mean that a lot more than that would have to be tested if this thing isn't brought under control by extreme lockdown procedures, like the ones that are starting to be put in place all over.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

rih9lmxoi4kq.png

I agree, what I heard probably wasn't dealing with the CDC kits. The person being interviewed was talking about taking samples and sending them to a lab. They were also the one that came with the 10% figure. The whole operation was something that could be implemented in a parking lot somewhere and patients could drive through. Whatever, I stand corrected. My apologies for the confusion.
    Old Name: 55LS70
    Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x OCK Rockets 6N1P's
    Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissues
    Analog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.
    Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.
    Digital: Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD player with Cambridge Audio DACMagic DAC.
    Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC's
    Interconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • CoolJazzCoolJazz Posts: 551
    With regards to the fast tracking mentioned above....I ask again...

Don't I remember a previous big deal where the vaccine was rushed and turned out to be a bad deal and was killing people? Was that on the swine flu or the bird flu...one of those types.

You know what happens if you don't learn from history...

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,507
    It was the swine flu.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 917
    Well here in the Bay Area it just went into shelter in place as off tomorrow until April 7th. Let's see how it goes.

Be Safe All. Cheers.
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:
    Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
    Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.
    Someone posted this letter on my towns FB page in NJ:

Suzette Sommer
    March 12 at 5:46 PM
    MT: So if you're not here in Kirkland Washington, let me give you an update on our not so little town.

Our local hospital, Evergreen, one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country and literally at ground zero in the fight against Coronavirus has run out of beds as of today. The staff is exhausted, demoralized, and supplies are running low.

Because so many staff members are sick, and the operational tempo is so high, medical staff told to be in quarantine due to exposure, but not showing symptoms have been summoned back to work. So far 65 patients have entered the hospital positive for COVID-19, 15 didn't leave alive (as of 3/10).

Tom Douglas, multiple James Beard Award winner is closing down 12 of his 13 restaurants (only leaving one open because of a contract with a hotel) because business is down 90%.

Boeing, which was a hot mess with the 737-MAX issue, to begin with, is now losing more orders than it is getting as the airline industry braces for a 70% reduction in air travel. At the basement of 9/11, global air travel was off 40%.

Norweigan Cruiselines, headquartered in Seattle, has been called out for lying to customers about the safety of their ships, their capacity to protect passengers and making it difficult to cancel or reschedule trips.

Starbucks has announced they will be limited seating in their stores and ones with drive-thru will go drive-thru only.

The Seattle Mariners have moved their home openers out of the area, for now, my guess is the MLB will follow every other sports league and suspend the start of baseball.

Our school district has suspended classes until March 27, but my guess is it will go longer. Issaquah, a town nearby has suspended classes until April 24.

I was in our nearest grocery store, which is a flagship "Fred Meyer" store (Kroger corp) and all of the staples aisles were close to empty. Beans, rice, flour, pasta. Beans about wiped out, the only rice I could find was a 5-pound bag in the Asian section. Only the high-end "boutique" pasta and a few more complex dish pasta like lasagna noodles. The Jewish section had some noodles in it, and the Asian section still had some ramen.

There is no traffic. There is an eerie quiet in the air, and although the videos of people racing in Costco are entertaining, I have not seen anyone running in a store to the TP, fights over food, or other resources. There is this strange calm, but I always remind myself that history has shown we are three hot meals and a warm bed away from wanting to kill each other.

My wife has shared some other stories from her work - nothing sinister or ominous but nothing I can share and nothing that even if I could, I feel ready to share.

We no longer hear about Life Care Center. The federal government finally showed up there and now all news has stopped. The 70+ employees who are all in various states of being sick are still not tested - that we know. One-third of our town fire department is now in quarantine. If there is anything that gives me the creeps it is this. The government showed up and the news stopped.

When we returned from our trip to Africa on 2/26 and went through Customs in Seattle, there was no screening, no questions, no testing, no sorting of passengers. Nothing. Welcome back, stamp of the passport, done. The lines weren't long and the lack of any form of screening at this Asian gateway was disconcerting. It paled in comparison to the strict protocols we went through in Windhoek and Johannesburg, and the announcements and questions in Frankfurt. What we didn't know at that time is from 2/19 to 2/25, 12 patients had died at Life Care Center for unknown reasons, and the first COVID-19 death was on 2/26.

The response to the threat at a federal level was non-existent.

My opinion.

The Seattle area is about two weeks ahead of most of the United States. For those going this is just hype and this is just the flu, come fly here and see for yourself. I mean flights are cheap and planes are empty. Can even offer you a place to sleep.(no not really, but Kirkland has plenty of hotels)

The Seattle area is probably 2 to 3 weeks behind Iran or Italy at this point. The tidal wave is coming, I believe most in the general public are just in denial about it at this point.

In Italy Coronavirus is killing young and old alike because once you run out of beds, once you run out of breathing machines, Coronavirus becomes an equal opportunity killer. You get pneumonia, your lungs fill up, you basically drown.

When you can get advanced care, your survival odds are very good. Once that system falls apart, it is first come first serve, and how healthy are you. A lot of younger Americans are very unhealthy with multiple comorbidity factors.

Evergreen Hospital ran out of beds today.

Winter is coming.
    George / NJ

Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14 gauge, ultra low inductance
    CoolJazz wrote: »
    With regards to the fast tracking mentioned above....I ask again...

Don't I remember a previous big deal where the vaccine was rushed and turned out to be a bad deal and was killing people? Was that on the swine flu or the bird flu...one of those types.

You know what happens if you don't learn from history...
    That was the 1976 outbreak of “swine flu” H1N1. The vaccine was associated with an increase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome.
    Alea jacta est!
    This letter was posted on my local town FB page in NJ:

Suzette Sommer
    MT: So if you're not here in Kirkland Washington, let me give you an update on our not so little town.

Our local hospital, Evergreen, one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country and literally at ground zero in the fight against Coronavirus has run out of beds as of today. The staff is exhausted, demoralized, and supplies are running low.

Because so many staff members are sick, and the operational tempo is so high, medical staff told to be in quarantine due to exposure, but not showing symptoms have been summoned back to work. So far 65 patients have entered the hospital positive for COVID-19, 15 didn't leave alive (as of 3/10).

Tom Douglas, multiple James Beard Award winner is closing down 12 of his 13 restaurants (only leaving one open because of a contract with a hotel) because business is down 90%.

Boeing, which was a hot mess with the 737-MAX issue, to begin with, is now losing more orders than it is getting as the airline industry braces for a 70% reduction in air travel. At the basement of 9/11, global air travel was off 40%.

Norweigan Cruiselines, headquartered in Seattle, has been called out for lying to customers about the safety of their ships, their capacity to protect passengers and making it difficult to cancel or reschedule trips.

Starbucks has announced they will be limited seating in their stores and ones with drive-thru will go drive-thru only.

The Seattle Mariners have moved their home openers out of the area, for now, my guess is the MLB will follow every other sports league and suspend the start of baseball.

Our school district has suspended classes until March 27, but my guess is it will go longer. Issaquah, a town nearby has suspended classes until April 24.

I was in our nearest grocery store, which is a flagship "Fred Meyer" store (Kroger corp) and all of the staples aisles were close to empty. Beans, rice, flour, pasta. Beans about wiped out, the only rice I could find was a 5-pound bag in the Asian section. Only the high-end "boutique" pasta and a few more complex dish pasta like lasagna noodles. The Jewish section had some noodles in it, and the Asian section still had some ramen.

There is no traffic. There is an eerie quiet in the air, and although the videos of people racing in Costco are entertaining, I have not seen anyone running in a store to the TP, fights over food, or other resources. There is this strange calm, but I always remind myself that history has shown we are three hot meals and a warm bed away from wanting to kill each other.

My wife has shared some other stories from her work - nothing sinister or ominous but nothing I can share and nothing that even if I could, I feel ready to share.

We no longer hear about Life Care Center. The federal government finally showed up there and now all news has stopped. The 70+ employees who are all in various states of being sick are still not tested - that we know. One-third of our town fire department is now in quarantine. If there is anything that gives me the creeps it is this. The government showed up and the news stopped.

When we returned from our trip to Africa on 2/26 and went through Customs in Seattle, there was no screening, no questions, no testing, no sorting of passengers. Nothing. Welcome back, stamp of the passport, done. The lines weren't long and the lack of any form of screening at this Asian gateway was disconcerting. It paled in comparison to the strict protocols we went through in Windhoek and Johannesburg, and the announcements and questions in Frankfurt. What we didn't know at that time is from 2/19 to 2/25, 12 patients had died at Life Care Center for unknown reasons, and the first COVID-19 death was on 2/26.

My opinion.
    The Seattle area is about two weeks ahead of most of the United States. For those going this is just hype and this is just the flu, come fly here and see for yourself. I mean flights are cheap and planes are empty. Can even offer you a place to sleep.(no not really, but Kirkland has plenty of hotels)

The Seattle area is probably 2 to 3 weeks behind Iran or Italy at this point. The tidal wave is coming, I believe most in the general public are just in denial about it at this point.

In Italy Coronavirus is killing young and old alike because once you run out of beds, once you run out of breathing machines, Coronavirus becomes an equal opportunity killer. You get pneumonia, your lungs fill up, you basically drown.

When you can get advanced care, your survival odds are very good. Once that system falls apart, it is first come first serve, and how healthy are you. A lot of younger Americans are very unhealthy with multiple comorbidity factors.

Winter is coming.
    George / NJ

Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,433
    This letter was posted on my local town FB page in NJ:

Suzette Sommer

My opinion.

Winter is coming.

Well, what was the feds suppose to respond to, if you could not yet identify cause of death ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,476
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Unfortunate news guys.

But keep in mind, this isn’t the world killing virus. Many will still survive. Let’s just hope summer gets here soon.

What’s unfortunate news?
    edited March 16
    @Gardenstater

Well.... that is the most deflating thing I have read all day.

I’m going to have to drag myself to work knowing it’ll be a losing battle. Got three more days off.... ugh

😔
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    Source:
    Preamplification:
    Amplification:
    Subwoofer:
    You mean, they don't ban outdoor activities, cancel summer camp for kids ? How irresponsible of them.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
    @Gardenstater

Well.... that is the most deflating thing I have read all day.

I’m going to have to drag myself to work knowing it’ll be a losing battle. Got three more days off.... ugh

😔

We just have to hope that all the shutdowns that are taking place will allow us to avert Italy's fate. Keep up the good work and stay safe! We appreciate what you do.
    George / NJ

Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,677
    Again, just asking Joey, but you have two or three deaths occur in patients from this virus that you had contact with, what steps are being taken to prevent you becoming infected.

Why are you not in quarantine yourself?

Because I was in full gear appropriate for the situation.

And take me down, everyone will suffer

Glad they recognized the need and took the proper steps. Many places weren't so lucky. It may seem as though we are giving you a hard time, and despite appearances, that is not meant to be the case. Many of us have questions and are skeptical that the response to this virus warrants the panic that has been created.

I appreciate what you do as well, just be safe. If any of your gear needs to shelter in place during these trying times, I promise to take good care of them for you and give them plenty of current and exercise.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • verbverb Posts: 10,155
    edited March 16
    So the Studio was open for employees today, as a lot of the technicians (clay modelers) and other fabricators cannot work from home. About mid-day, they told everyone to go home.

The plan for everyone today who absolutely had to come in was to go to a certain building, which had been "disinfected", over the weekend, and work there. You could not work in your cube or other area as you normally would.

That has now changed. The disinfected building is now closed, and everyone is to stay home until further notice. Essentially our entire campus is shut down.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,032
    The city I live in is dead. Hardly anyone about. It's eerie.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 4,015
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 4,015
    just threaten to sneeze on them.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • maximillianmaximillian Posts: 2,113
    edited March 16
    tonyb wrote: »
    Generally speaking, 98% of those infected will recover, 2% will die.

World-wide average is closer to 4%. See the Situation dashboard from WHO's website:
    https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd

Earlier numbers (I think as early as a week ago) had it at 2%. Italy is just under 8% as Kex mentioned above.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-idUSKBN2133DN

Some speculate the higher population of elderly in Italy as the reason their number is higher.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,677
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The city I live in is dead. Hardly anyone about. It's eerie.

Good time to rob a bank. Oops, that's the Italian in me speaking out loud.

There was a bank robbery here... the assailants made off with an undisclosed amount in unmarked toilet paper.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!