Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Went to the grocery store this morning. Everything I needed was in stock. In fact everything looked normal.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    P.S. The U.K. health service estimates they have 5,000 to 10,000 cases... they are experiencing issues getting everyone tested.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Kex wrote: »
    You cannot stop a virus with low interest rates and a travel ban. You need ICU beds, respirators, testing, and social distancing.

How would you know? I thought you were a stock broker?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Kex
    ^^^^
    Stop trolling.
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Pot, kettle, black bro'

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Looks like everyone will have a perfect bracket for March Madness... it was just cancelled.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    edited March 2020
    • S&P 500 rose 19.4% in 2017,
    • Fell 6.2% in 2018,
    • Rose 28.8% in 2019.
    • Down more than 21% in 2020.

• Nov. 08, 2016: total U.S. market value = $24 trillion
    • Feb. 19, 2020: total U.S. market value = $35 trillion.
    • Today: total U.S. market value = $24 trillion
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited March 2020
    No, it’s not, Beatrice.

(No, the paranoia is not beyond ridiculous. Comment added to help petulant little minds understand the error of her ways).
    Post edited by Kex on
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Like I said....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Around 1:00 the FED announced a 500B liquidity injection (aka Repo) volume spiked and the downward trend reversed. Didn't last long as the selling resumes and those that bought the news got their faces ripped off.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    Just more evidence the stock market is technically a ponzi scheme?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • nooshinjohn
    Disneyland is shutting down until the end of the month...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    • S&P 500 rose 19.4% in 2017,
    • Fell 6.2% in 2018,
    • Rose 28.8% in 2019.
    • Down more than 21% in 2020.

• Nov. 08, 2016: total U.S. market value = $24 trillion
    • Feb. 19, 2020: total U.S. market value = $35 trillion.
    • Today: total U.S. market value = $24 trillion

The stock market has been over priced for a decade or longer. However, I have forgotten how money was invested before the stock market became popular.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Around 1:00 the FED announced a 500B liquidity injection (aka Repo) volume spiked and the downward trend reversed. Didn't last long as the selling resumes and those that bought the news got their faces ripped off.
    How do I get my check?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    No, it’s not, Beatrice.

Sorry Sally, you're wrong again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    It’s hard to believe that a busy doctor takes time out of his schedule (and family life) to post this stuff, and yet, it gets ignored.

If you think this is “hyped by the media”, you should read this. It’s free analysis, from a Doctor, with no co-pay or insurance required.

Joey_V wrote: »
    1. Primary lung, ground zero - in 3 phases.

First phase: Viral reproduction within the 2 classes of lungs cells. mostly killing mucous clearing ciliary ells and t hen flooding the airway with debris and fluids.

Next phase: immune system activates, but dysregulated, killing healthy lung tissue, now clogging up the airways with even more debris.

Third phase: lung damage builds, punched out lesions like a honeycomb occur likely secondary to your own immune system's hyperactive response. These will scar and cause lasting lung defects even if you survive.

2. GI tract - covid19 can enter the GI tract, causing GI sx and allow for fecal route spread.

3. Blood borne - invades the blood stream, causing cell lines to diminish. Look for decreased white count, decreased platelets. Causes a cytokine storm, a final bid for the body to send immune cells to fight off the ifnected tissue, killing the infected tissue.

Covid19 causes a hyperresponse from your body, instead of bringing a gun to a gun fight, the body brings it bazookas. Destroying the virus WHILE causing some significant healthy tissue destruction.

In addition to cytokine storm, the body has diminished o2 carrying capacity/pumping, thereby causing multiorgan failure.

You might not die, you might survive... but don't be surprised if you're not the same as you were before.

Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    F1nut wrote: »
    No, it’s not, Beatrice.

The veracity of the cancelation was not in dispute, darling. 💋
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorhead43026
    ^^Wear it with no pants.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• motorhead43026
    edited March 2020
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    How do I get my check?

Unless you are of the top 20% that own 84% of the market all you get is, left holding the bag.

• nooshinjohn
    140 bucks round-trip from Los Angeles to Minneapolis right now... might be a great time to take a flight somewhere.

• BlueFox
    I wonder if school is going to be canceled this year. It seems many are being closed until the end of March, but the virus is just taking off. By the end of March there will be at least twice as many cases as now.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    No, it’s not, Beatrice.

The veracity of the cancelation was not in dispute, darling. 💋

Funny how you had to edit your original post so that it made it appear you meant something different. Face it Sally, I'm smarter than you.....😛

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2020
    2nvnqcete6pq.jpg
    Well, well, well, it appears I struck gold after a trip to two Walmarts, a Hy-Vee, Costco, with no luck finding toilet paper (we actually needed some) I found 1 6 pack of double Charmin last one says 6 rolls = 24 rolls not sure how unless I limit it to 1 square per s..t🤣 I found it at the hippie health food store of all places they had 2 12 packs of some organic unbleached toilet paper at $ 13.99 a pop which I figured the money is on the 6 rolls that equals 24 rolls of Charmin.

I figured since it is unbleached it might add some extra protection in the nether regions. The rest of this stash is stuff I found that might come in handy from each of the other stores. I cant wait to bust into the spam but will hold off until it's necessary. The wife was surprised I splurged for the Charmin, I was quick to tell her dont get used to it once this scare passes it's back to the Great Value single ply TP. The freezer is full of Venison a couple of Turkeys and lots of Crappie and Walleye filets, plus we got a huge bag of rice we got from Costco a while back that were still working on. As far as I'm Concerned the Gudnoyez"s are Riding The Storm Out good luck to you all.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    edited March 2020
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    2nvnqcete6pq.jpg

I could eat the entire box of Cheez It. Glad I saw this after going to the grocery store this morning. :)

Post edited by BlueFox on

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635

They can crash the market, but don't touch the race lol.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited March 2020
This discussion has been closed.