Inside the Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,090
edited March 2020 in 2 Channel Audio
As I am boxing up my Krell to go in for replacement on the laser and transport mechanisms, I thought I would pop the top and see what the inside of a 10k SACD Player looks like. This thing is incredibly well built inside and out. Rather large twin toroidal transformers, large heat sinks and a bunch of stuff that one would expect to find in a decent amplifier rather that a CD player....

The seller is paying for the round trip to Krell for the repairs, and even though it is a hassle, the extra mile he is going to in order to make things right is exemplary and goes to show there are still some stand-up guys left in this hobby of ours.

Enjoy the pictures...

qulbdaz8igq4.jpeg
oa2go6em4bti.jpeg
2xfxq00ge8s9.jpeg
q0va9ohnijbk.jpeg
ld7c8taqnkxq.jpeg
10uv17t27syb.jpeg
6rsxna1gnxsl.jpeg
7c5uzo3dq5f4.jpeg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Jeesh look at all that ...... Cheap components....
    Send it here I'll recycle that..... stuff.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,308
    Perfect opportunity to order a replacement audiophile fuse while it's getting repaired. o:)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,090
    Nice idea Tom, but not going to spend money on something designed to release magic smoke.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson