Issue with Cambridge Audio 752BD universal BD player - Help!

2»

Comments

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    edited August 2019
    Whoa, hold the horses!!

I was CERTAIN that I did a search for the 752BD outputting DSD over HDMI. I just did it again and all I could find was that is only converts DSD to PCM over analog outputs.

Just for s h i t s and giggles I just went in and tried switching from the HDMI 1 out to the HDMI 2 out and it is outputting pure DSD to my Yammie!

I don't know why that would be, but I'm a happy camper now. Perhaps there is something wrong with the HDMI 1 output on my unit.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

edited August 2019
    I just read through the manual again to see if it said anything about it only outputting DSD over the HDMI 2 port and nope, nothing. Apparently there is something wrong with port 1 in this regard. And I have tried a few different cables and I am currently using a good quality Premium Certified cable.

Thanks for posting this morning and forcing me to investigate further, as I am extremely happy to finally be able to listen to Pure DSD after owning this player for 3-1/2 years! B)

e07qzp0qq72a.jpg
    kalu0td18cuy.jpg
    kbm52i5qquwe.jpg

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 446
    Do you mean you switched the output cable on the 752BD? If so it is either the setting for it to output video only from HDMI1 and audio from HDMI2.
    Maybe you had it set this way:
    2. Dual HDMI Output
    Allows you to select the output mode when both HDMI Output ports are in use. If only one HDMI Output is active, this selection will not apply. The options are:
    Split A/V (Recommended) – Use HDMI 1 Out as the dedicated video output port and HDMI 2 Out as the dedicated audio output port. This setting will ensure the best possible picture quality and the highest possible audio resolution.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65-Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Yamaha CX-A5100
    Amp: Parasound JC5, A31, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, AQ Niagara, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR75X940D
    I tried it with both HDMI settings to confirm, and either way it is only outputting DSD over the #2 port.

• Does anyone know if it's possible to split audio from the HDMI and output it over the coax output while playing dvd? I am able to output audio over coax while playing cd's (when no HDMI cable is present). I haven't actually tried to listen to audio cd while a HDMI cable is inserted.