So -- here's a weird Vanilla thing

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I tried using BBCode to adjust the size of my signature text but it didn't work.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Yeah... but the weird new post bug appears to be gone...
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I guess the latest vanilla change is that now everyone's signatures are the same size text as their posts?

Just horrible!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    There seems to be a lot of havoc running through the three pages of this thread.

Vocabulary.com Dictionary
    Havoc is a noun that means devastation or total mayhem. Havoc often wreaked by hurricanes, angry mobs, plundering Vikings, and wild parties that get out of control. If we trace havoc way back, we arrive at a crossroads.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    There seems to be a lot of havoc running through the three pages of this thread.

Vocabulary.com Dictionary
    Havoc is a noun that means devastation or total mayhem. Havoc often wreaked by hurricanes, angry mobs, plundering Vikings, and wild parties that get out of control. If we trace havoc way back, we arrive at a crossroads.

Whew! At least it hasn't run amok!

B)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Changes to signatures are unacceptable. I defeated them. Winning!
  • Kex
    Yuck @Hermitism (surely there’s an official emoji for that?!)... okay, so it’s a screenshot, but it really is quite fuzzy, and rather irksome to gaze upon. 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Kex wrote: »
    (surely there’s an official emoji for that?!)
    xrueq53ec1tb.jpg
  • Hermitism
    Hey, I see the pics are back to being left justified.
  • F1nut
    I just disabled the sigs......beyond ridiculous.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    I think everyone should replace their signatures with this:
    xbe07g184bfi.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ Nice thing about doing that... presumably the size is somewhat under the individual's control ;)
  • Hermitism
    edited March 2020
    I used Wordpad and then the Snipping tool. My first version was pretty bad and blurry because a took a screen shot of a screen shot. I had a brain f a r t.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited March 2020
    @Hermitism How did you make your signature text small again? Yours looks good now.

Edit: I see you changed it into an image, nice.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Changed mine to a one liner.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Kex
    Shouldn’t that be “in” audio Nirvana?! 😉

Only asking because Viking64 isn’t available to police grammar and stuff at the moment.
    Alea jacta est!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2020
    Maybe, Maybe not. I was trying to mimic the old saying "one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel". Like you're trying to put your foot on it or get a grasp/ foot hold on it.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Are they ever gonna address Vanilla's weird fonts, extra blank lines and notifying of new posts when there are no new posts?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    Just noticed a change for the better. I have no idea how long it's been this way. I was very vocal about the way the messaging works here. If I leave a conversation to clean out my inbox, if the other person still replies, the message goes to outer space and I'm not re-added to the conversation. Remember when I deleted all my conversations and people were still writing me and I didn't know it? Just think of all the good tidbits and rumors I missed.

I just noticed that now the header/title to the message says "Just you" instead of the person's name you were talking to if they remove themselves from the conversation. Before, the only hint you got was a line drawn through their name inside the conversation, which wasn't very noticeable. Well, I feel a purge coming soon! I see a much cleaner inbox in my future so don't start any new conversations with me! Leave me alone!
  • Kex
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Are they ever gonna address Vanilla's weird fonts, extra blank lines and notifying of new posts when there are no new posts?
    🤔 I don’t suffer from any of those ailments (the new post flag for my own posts was fixed just recently).
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    Has the sig issue been fixed yet?

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Nope.

Vanilla is suck

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    How about this idea. Add the "Spoiler" button to your signature, then add your actual signature to the spoiler so you have a collapsible signature. By the way, the Spoiler button is the button no one seems to know how to use here on the forum when they give away big secrets to movies and TV shows.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Well once upon a time we did play with the spoiler button if you remember correctly. It was all the rage then it wasn't.
  • Hermitism
    Ha! The Penny Marshall RIP thread! I thought I was gonna get spanked hard for derailing that thread. I couldn't stop laughing.
  • F1nut
    How about this idea. Add the "Spoiler" button to your signature, then add your actual signature to the spoiler so you have a collapsible signature. By the way, the Spoiler button is the button no one seems to know how to use here on the forum when they give away big secrets to movies and TV shows.

That would be fine for mine, but it won't make everyone else's smaller.

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2020

Oh, I like that idea! Will do!

-Micah

Edit: Although it appears to be fixed now... :)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Looks like sig fonts are now smaller.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Looks like sig fonts are now smaller.

Yes sir, you are correct. Thing is after turning them off I found the forum much easier to read as some sigs are like an efffing book, so I'm leaving them turned off. Thanks to Vanilla anyway.

President of Club Polk