Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    News conference with Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    BlueFox wrote: »
    News conference with President Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.

Fixed ...

El Presidente
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    News conference with President Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.

Fixed ...

Broken.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    beyond repair - broken
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited February 2020
    News conference with Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.
    Define “interesting”. 🤔

I’m not expecting to learn anything new, so I won’t be watching (don’t watch 99.9% of TV anyway), but it is probably the right move.

COVID-19 should at least make it obvious what the potentially catastrophic risks from biological warfare might be, the potential for astronomical economic consequences, how easy it would be to propagate a biological weapon, and how long it might take before an effective response is found.

Maybe he’ll explain the justification for the 18.6% cut in funding for the CDC.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited February 2020
    China SWAT Team Practices Taking Down Uncooperative Driver At Coronavirus Checkpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW_7h8_CZp0
  • Kex
    Very polite on the part of the VW driver to stop so that the black van can slowly block his path. One must assume that in a real life scenario, the van driver might be a teensy bit more agressive... 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Kex wrote: »
    Maybe he’ll explain the justification for the 18.6% cut in funding for the CDC.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/?debtclock

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    ^^^^
    No, that is absolutely NOT the reason.
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    Whatever. This is why we don't talk about politics on this board.

If you want to enlighten everyone here on your infinite wisdom and read Trumps' mind, please blow your hot air out and get it off your chest.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    It’s not infinite wisdom. It is simple mathematics. Can you say Deficit? It has almost doubled in the past three years.

Fiscal conservatives know this to be true.
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It’s not infinite wisdom. It is simple mathematics. Can you say Deficit? It has almost doubled in the past three years.

Fiscal conservatives know this to be true.

Neither side is any good, and nobody reads the Constitution, that they swore to uphold and defend anyway.

Bottom line is what's the point of arguing over something none of us can do anything about anyway...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    It’s frustrating. Shortsighted and self-inflicted. JMO. 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    Okay, I admit. I may have mis-interpreted what it is you were trying to say. I thought that you knew what Trump was thinking when he cut the budget. No one does but him.

Debt/Deficit? Same thing in my book. Both extremely bad right now. My apologies for the snappy commentary. Have a good evening.

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    President Trump.....we've got this.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox

Well, that was a non-event. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed everyone was just patting each other on the back.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1

Well, that was a non-event. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed everyone was just patting each other on the backside....

• Kex
    So it was a fondle fest between dudes then?! 😆
    Alea jacta est!
  • deronb1
    So it was a fondle fest between dudes then?! 😆

What happens in D.C.....
  • Kex
    Such nasty looking backsides, though... Don’t know how they can bring themselves to do it.
    Alea jacta est!
  • deronb1
    Such nasty looking backsides, though... Don’t know how they can bring themselves to do it.

Booze? I dunno...lol
  • Kex
    I see we are back to the insults, Mr. Moderator.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    F1nut wrote: »
    President Trump.....we've got this.

Predictable, but what else could he say? Total waste of time... maybe it’ll make some people feel better. 🙄

So what did you expect him to say? He said what any President would say, we got this under control.

Oh I guess he should have said, it's time to panic and go clean out the food at your local grocery store.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Kex
    I didn’t listen, but I expected him to say exactly what everyone is saying he said.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    Personally I would have preferred a bit more honesty. For example, saying that while the current outbreak in the US is minor at some point it will get much worse. The point is to be prepared. For example, I have about three weeks of food and beer, and tomorrow I will get another two weeks. The problem I have is my freezer is almost full.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Damned if you do damned if you don’t
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    edited February 2020
    If one listened to the press conference, they told you where to go to find out about preparedness. Keep in mind....water, gas and electrical operations are a granted. If people are quarantined, how do you expect the workers there to provide their service?

They may not be able too. You doomsday people need to prepare for this and worse.

The fact is, around 50-70 or so people in America have supposedly contracted the virus. We probably have an estimated 350 million people (legally and illegally) residing in the US.

If one does the math, I am quite sure that it is such a dismally small percentage of the population, it won't even register on the scale yet. There is no need for a doomsday scenario. There was really no need for the news conference, other than to show the American people that we've got this.

Numbers don't lie.

Mainstream media does. They want this to be Trump's "Katrina" and our "representatives" are already asking for money (no surprise there). Hell, San Fransisco even called a state of emergency. Give me a F'n break. Hadn't even happened and it may not ever but they are already asking for money. Stupidity at its finest.

Tom
    Post edited by treitz3 on
  • deronb1
    Is the 2.5B set aside as just in case money, or will it get appropriated to use as he sees fit if we don't need it? i.e. a certain wall along the Rio Grande?
This discussion has been closed.