Cleaning sda socket

Options
Is there a way to clean sda sockets? Would deoxit make any difference?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Deoxit red would work. Which socket is it?
  • windstriker
    Options
    Where u plug the sda cable into.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Where u plug the sda cable into.

LOL no kidding Sherlock

Blade/ blade or the Pin/blade.

Blade/blade have the problem of loosing tension or cracking and not working properly. It also uses both blades for signal so both are critical to the SDA cable.

Pin/blade you really only need to clean to pin as the blade part is not active as the signal is sent on the pin.

The red deoxit is better at the cleaning of oxidation than the gold. If you have the gold already use it.

I always buy the 100% solutions in the bottles and not the sprays. I like the fact that I can apply it let it soak and come back with a nylon brush and scrub.

This explains the difference between products.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.I/id.5/.f
  • windstriker
    windstriker Posts: 136
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Lol sorry brain **** (edit why did that get censored ok censor this.... Brain Smelly but gasses).

Blade blade

At the moment i have. Deoxit d5 on hand will that work?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Lol sorry brain **** (edit why did that get censored ok censor this.... Brain Smelly but gasses).

Blade blade

At the moment i have. Deoxit d5 on hand will that work?

yes it will work, you may also need to adjust the socket tension to grip better. Be very careful as the socket can crack. try to see if you can work some bristles of an old toothbrush into the connections to scrub.