PS4 Pro or Xbox One X

Thinking I'd like to get back into a little gaming after a long stint of not playing (XBOX 360). Which console is a better choice? Everything I have is 4K but just stuck between consoles. I'm more or less a first person shooter kinda guy but will venture into other games. My son has a PS4 and says he likes it better than the XBOX so I'm torn. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited February 2020
    Chevy or Ford?

I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. The PS4 mostly sits in its box until an exclusive comes out for it that I want to play.

Xbox has something called game pass. For $10/month there's something like 200 games you can download and play without paying anything further, including all Microsoft published games the day they release. Like Netflix for games. PlayStation doesn't have anything like that. Xbox One is also backwards compatible with a bunch of 360 and even some original Xbox games for free just pop the disc in. PlayStation makes you pay to stream or rebuy old games. Finally Xbox one X is far more powerful than the PS4 Pro, better graphics/resolution/frame rate in the same games.

PS5 and Xbox Series X is less than a year away though if you can wait or care. Both are likely to be backwards compatible with the current generation we're in now.
    Post edited by Nightfall on
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    PS5 and Xbox Series X is less than a year away though if you can wait or care. Both are likely to be backwards compatible with the current generation we're in now.

^^^^

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    I love my Xbox for things other than gaming. It is my cable box, as it streams all my tv stuff, including OTA. I would go Xbox. I do have an Xbox One S for sale, new in box.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    I ended up purchasing the XBOX ONE X. Still trying to get everything updated so hoping to get some play time in tonight. Been a long time since the last time I gamed.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    You can add me if you want. fjosh
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk