Dirty Honey

Options

Comments

• BinKY188_5
    BinKY188_5 Posts: 128
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I just heard that song on the radio a couple of days ago. Is it new, or am I just out of touch? I was thinking that it may be a new Great Van Fleet song.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Nice find! I have not heard of them before.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    BinKY188_5 wrote: »
    I just heard that song on the radio a couple of days ago. Is it new, or am I just out of touch? I was thinking that it may be a new Great Van Fleet song.

"Labelle came up with the name Dirty Honey after hearing Robert Plant mention his band The Honeydrippers in a Howard Stern interview and thought it sounded like such a "dirty" rock and roll name." Your not too far off since Greta sounds like Zep.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BinKY188_5
    Options
    Love Zep, Plant, and the Honeydrippers. Have the Honeydrippers on vinyl and it is a great recording IMO.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Looks like they’re brand new. Listening to the EP now. So far I dig it, although they’re sound is clearly pretty derivative...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Can't give enough of these 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • erniejade
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Can't give enough of these 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Listening to the full CD on Tidal. Sounds darn good. Granted I am not listening to it on the big stereo and its going through a JBL Boombox but, it still sounds darn good.
  • erniejade
    Options
    While listening on Tidal, Tidal had a suggestion of Goodbye June. I listened to both Goodbye June CD's. Solid stuff.