Synology DS918+ (Perfect Shape) Feeler Post!! $400.00 Shipped

Options
tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
edited February 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Moving up to a yet larger Synology NAS unit and this one will need a new home. It will arrrive to it's new home as new as it was on day one. (that's how I take care of my things) smoke free and pretty much dust free as I am a fanatic in that area too!

Feeler post as checking here with Polkies that have been here at least a year and at least 100 posts that may want to build their own personal music library with a Network Attached Storage and this would make an amazing first play into the world of NAS. It may even be your end game unit? That all depends on how much data you want on hand.

Please take a look online to read up on the DS918+ and read reviews. I love it and it is my 2nd Synology NAS. Started with a 2 Bay (which a fellow Polkie is now enjoying) so trust these units are like little tanks and Synology's customer support is amazing...even to owners that don't get brand new units. The CS team at Synology treats all as brand new!! Love them too!!!!

Will arrive in its original box and shipped Fed Ex unless you have a shipper you prefer. I still have space on my drives but filling up fast so another reason this too makes it a Feeler Post.

I have 4 10 TB drives I will need to move over into the new Synology station and am happy to work with anyone that is unsure of the workings on these babies. I started with external drives over 5 years ago and once I got on the NAS train, there's no looking back on that route for storage again. PM with any questions and I will post pics later. It is just as new looking inside and out as possibly could be! Thanks and Happy Listening to all! $400.00 Shipped Paypay, Check and as always, cash is King!

THJ

** Yes I am aware this is a expandable NAS, (meaning an additional unit can be attached to the DS918+ to provide more storage) I am just making the move to a larger unit! The DS918+ is a beast of a NAS, make no mistake!
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
Post edited by tophatjohnny on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    I have this same model...highly recommend it! Great price.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    monepolk wrote: »
    Sent PM.

Replied
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Sale is Pending.
  • monepolk
    Options
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Congrats on the quick sale! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    The unit is sold and stays in the polk family.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Congrats on a quick sale! That’s a nice NAS. I would have inquired for certain if it was still here.
  • jumpindick
    Options
    I too have the same unit and very much like it. If the RAM is upgraded, it can be very fast responding unit as well. Nice to see a quick sale. Congratulations to both seller and buyer. Enjoy!

@tophatjohnny -- which NAS/storage unit are you upgrading to?
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    @jumpindick Yes the DS918+ is a great NAS. I needed more room so the move to the DS1918+ is scheduled to arrive sometime today (thanks to Joe @ Synology) . Synology is a great choice for those that are wanting an easy to use NAS that works! Glad you like yours too!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Synology is a great choice for those that are wanting an easy to use NAS that works! Glad you like yours too!

Can't agree more. I've been using Synology NAS's for about 8 years and purchased their router last year as it runs the DSM O/S, too. Picked up my first NAS to serve Squeezebox files (and PC backup) when I first started digital streaming. Current version of DSM and optional Logitech compatible application(s) are now native to vetted apps. Couldn't be easier and they've been rock solid. Like you, johnny, my new NAS upgrades resulted from needing more storage space, not because the NAS was a problem. Their NAS's get better each year (throughput) but the old tech was quite acceptable for storage/music if not streaming CPU intense media (videos).
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • jumpindick
    Options
    @jumpindick Yes the DS918+ is a great NAS. I needed more room so the move to the DS1918+ is scheduled to arrive sometime today (thanks to Joe @ Synology) . Synology is a great choice for those that are wanting an easy to use NAS that works! Glad you like yours too!

Wow! That is quite an upgrade. The RAM can be upgraded to a quite powerful level. On the DS918+ that I have, I upgraded from 4 gb to 12 gb and man it loads apps really fast. I wonder what something like 32 gb would do... Well, enjoy Sir. The DS1819+ should be really exciting.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    jumpindick wrote: »

Wow! That is quite an upgrade. The RAM can be upgraded to a quite powerful level. On the DS918+ that I have, I upgraded from 4 gb to 12 gb and man it loads apps really fast. I wonder what something like 32 gb would do... Well, enjoy Sir. The DS1819+ should be really exciting.

Yes I got my model number backwards DS1819+. So far what's not to like and with 4 more spaces for drives the footprint isn't as big as I imagined.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    This baby set sail today and in the polk family it will be. 😃🎩
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    This baby set sail today and in the polk family it will be. 😃🎩

Yarrrrr! 😉
  • monepolk
    Options
    This arrived safe and sound. Well packed with all the accessories. Now to get my learn on.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    monepolk wrote: »
    This arrived safe and sound. Well packed with all the accessories. Now to get my learn on.

Enjoy brother. We'll get ya tightened up once ya get that learn on and it'll be amazing times. Congrats.