Is a Firestick 4K any good

Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes it is aggravating to say the least and God forbid you press the wrong button which would bring things back to square one. My wife hated streaming from day one but I was adamant we're staying with it as it's so much cheaper. Then one morning with a storm on the horizon all I wanted to do was watch the local news and weather. An hour later I was on the phone getting a time set up to have cable re-installed.

How about an antenna tower and a good antenna and rotor. Mine reached out almost 75mi in all directions in most weather. Once I get another house that will be the first thing I put up worth every dollar not to mention the HD signal is in its native form and not all compressed. Shows on NBC,ABC,CBS and FOX look GREAT.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    ^^^^Good idea.
  • BinKY188_5
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes it is aggravating to say the least and God forbid you press the wrong button which would bring things back to square one. My wife hated streaming from day one but I was adamant we're staying with it as it's so much cheaper. Then one morning with a storm on the horizon all I wanted to do was watch the local news and weather. An hour later I was on the phone getting a time set up to have cable re-installed.

How about an antenna tower and a good antenna and rotor. Mine reached out almost 75mi in all directions in most weather. Once I get another house that will be the first thing I put up worth every dollar not to mention the HD signal is in its native form and not all compressed. Shows on NBC,ABC,CBS and FOX look GREAT.

That's what I'm using. I also got a ChannelMaster DVR that does not require a subscribtion of any type. It's a little quirky and not 100% reliable but it helps.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I haven't had cable TV in about 8 years. Was using a Roku, but just bought a new Samsung for the bedroom. It has Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, but for me, most importantly, the Spectrum TV app. No need for the Roku anymore.

Spectrum is my internet provider and they have a Spectrum Choice plan, where you choose 10 channels to stream from a list of about 60 or so. $25/month and I get ESPN, ESPN2, NFL channel, Hallmark and 6 others, plus local channels and some others that aren't part of the list of 60.

$89/month for 200mgb internet and the streaming channels. Of course, I pay for Prime and Netflix in addition, but I would do that even if I still had cable TV.
  • Lemurine
    Options
    Well, you shouldn't expect too much on a $5 product but I think it will do the job.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I use Kodi with various builds(use Supreme Builds mostly) and an IPTV provider. I love it, very few problems and get all PPV. I have the Nvidia Shield.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus