Hyperion BEC Mono Amps

Options
It's been awhile since my last post, but I'm back...sorta. I recently upgraded my front mains to KEF R3 bookies & I'm in the market for a new amp. I came across the Hyperion BEC Mono's (SS 100w, class A) mono amps. Anyone have any experience with them. Also open for suggestions keeping it under $1500.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Sorry, I got nothing as far as your question goes, but damn, it's good to see you post again Phil!
    Whatever happened to the monos (D-Sonics?) you had at Johns awhile ago, as I recall they were very nice sounding amps.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Okay this is a shameless push for my mono's for sale. I don't know anything about the KEF's but they seem quite inefficient at 87db eff. Maybe you should look at something in the 200 wpc range with amazing depth and imaging. Now if your speakers are on the warm side they may not match ideally depending on your likes.
    Just my 2cents worth.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Sorry, I got nothing as far as your question goes, but damn, it's good to see you post again Phil!
    Whatever happened to the monos (D-Sonics?) you had at Johns awhile ago, as I recall they were very nice sounding amps.

Yeah that was a great time we had at John's. I sold the D-Sonics to help fund another project I was working on. They were incredible sounding amps. I still have them on my radar for my next purchase but I'm also exploring other possibilities. The Hyperion's look nice also.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.