Nice NHT 2.9 floor standing speakers

I am selling my very nice pair of NHT 2.9 floor standing speakers. There are many great reviews one can find online about these speakers The 2.9 is the little brother to the legendary 3.3 it was designed for people who wanted the 3.3 but found it to big and to expensive . It uses the same drivers as the 3.3 but instead of a 12 inch woofer it is a 10 inch . All in a shorter cabinet with less depth. This is a acoustic suspension design so the bass is nice and tight and sounds real. It is also strong and goes down to 26hz The sound stage and imaging are really good and the sound is lush and musical not thin and analytical . The cabinets are beautiful piano loss black and are in great shape with a few very minor marks. The speakers work exactly as they should and all drivers are in great shape. There are nice dual binding posts for bi wiring and jumpers are included as well as the outrigger stabilizers and a copy of the manual. These are heavy at 80lbs and built like tanks They stand about 40 inches tall and are 21 inches deep These were $2600 new I am asking $685 Local pickup in Twin Cities Thanks

56erq0b4th4f.jpg
p6tqxe1wljh3.jpg
fvhpt8gdd689.jpg
m3un2pij06uo.jpg
bwtulv2agqmd.jpg

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Man I've always wanted to hear these. Wish you were closer

Good luck with the sale.

Great photos!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Wow. If only I were closer, I find a way to make these mine.

Good luck with the sale - someone’s going to be very happy.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yep, if you were a bit closer....we could swing a deal.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2020
    When I worked for listen up audio in Colorado Springs we had a pair come in on consignment. We hooked them up to a classe amp. A big one. And I remember thinking I should buy these asap. It just was not in the cards at that time for me.

And these were next to a pair of B&W 802d in the main theater listening room. I'm not saying they bested the $16,000 B&Ws but they did pretty damn good job.

Oh, and this is comming from a huge fan of B&W FST midrange drivers.

These NHTs are a fine speaker well worth the money.
  • Thumbs up on a great deal I drove 8 hrs for mine
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    They are very good speakers problem is I have big Mirage OM5s it is hard to go back