Some DIY this weekend...

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
edited January 2020 in The Clubhouse
Installed a Ruvati sink, Kraus faucet, and new Insinkerator Evolution disposal. The BIG news? I didn't have a single problem. That NEVER happens...LOL

yl1fh1gsihkm.jpg
t66vckmzx2qi.jpg
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    Congratulations!

Yeah, whenever I do any plumbing project, no matter how small/simple -- I can't help but think about what a little trickle of water can do given a little time...

387w263tw9dq.png

• charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Looks good! I have one just like it in the farm sink version. I'll never go back to the double bowl style. It really makes it nice when cleaning a turkey roaster... The grate is nice if ya drop things in the sink ya don't have to worry about denting it.
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The black enamel sink we had was awful. It would not clean-up anymore and looked like hell. We prefer a large single bowl sink, as we had a farm sink when we lived in Palominas. The whole cost was $733 after taxes; Ruvati RVH8005, Insinkerator Evolution XTR, and Kraus KPF1610SS. The existing plumbing worked fine after being simplified from 2 drain sink. The disposal switch/power supply came with the XTR.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    That’s very similar to the setup at our last house Steve. In fact I think we have the exact faucet. Our newer fancier one has been nothing but trouble!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Did you buy the countertop from the spammer that's always trying to sell marble and granite on the forum's Activity Wall? It would be nice if something good came from all that spam.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Very nice Steve!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Very nice Steve! Love the disposal switch too! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    But can it chew up an entire rattlesnake in one fell swoop?

Very nice Steve
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Fantastic Steve!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    That looks great! Very nice.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Looks awesome Steve! Those Evolutions are awesome! Crazy quiet and powerful.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind comments.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Man, that looks like a great set-up. Very Industrial, nice work!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Nice!

I like the faucet, a lot.

We might be buying a new house soon and the one my wife loves has a faucet that has to go right away.

That one looks like it could fit the bill nicely!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Nice Steve.
    I assume you didn’t have to cut the granite?
    Something to be said for a top mount. No worries of separation from the underside of the granite.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The BIG news? I didn't have a single problem.

Now you did it. The plumbing God's will get their revenge. You won't be able to so much as change a toilet flapper without 5 trips to Home Depot! :)
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2020
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Nice Steve.
    I assume you didn’t have to cut the granite?
    Something to be said for a top mount. No worries of separation from the underside of the granite.

Got lucky and the existing cut-out worked. I almost ran into the vent pipe, however--but again dodged a bullet with about 1/4" clearance. This sink is 10" deep, 2" deeper than the previous sink. I forgot to account for that, but luckily it worked out.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The BIG news? I didn't have a single problem.

Now you did it. The plumbing God's will get their revenge. You won't be able to so much as change a toilet flapper without 5 trips to Home Depot! :)

I tell you, I've never been this lucky. Every potential problem I thought of, I managed to luck out. I was really worried that the existing granite cut-out would be too small, as the new sink really pushes the bowl out to the max dimension. The faucet supply lines were plenty long (NEVER happens), and I was able to use the existing plumbing.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    That is awesome Steve!!! Looks fantastic. Man you got the disposal button on top as well.! Am jealous! My builder wanted to charge $750 to put a button on top versus under the sink.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    Options
    Looks great Steve

Amazon sells the air switch for 25 bucks. If you have an outlet for your disposal under your sink, you could install it in under a hour
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halen
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Looks great Steve

Amazon sells the air switch for 25 bucks. If you have an outlet for your disposal under your sink, you could install it in under a hour

Dang!!! Who would have known it is called an air switch. Looked it up and on it!

Thank you!!!!
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2020
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    That is awesome Steve!!! Looks fantastic. Man you got the disposal button on top as well.! Am jealous! My builder wanted to charge $750 to put a button on top versus under the sink.

Thanks man;
    If you buy the Insinkerator Evolution XTR, the air button and power cord kit come with it. The air button kit alone (insinkerator model) is like $79.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Dang!!! Who would have known it is called an air switch. Looked it up and on it!

Polk has a "fluid coupled passive radiator" and you're surprised there's an "air switch"? :D Both are cool B)
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I'm sure they quickly tossed out the name "fluid coupled electric switch"!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • JayCee
    Options
    LOL. ZAP! Not a good way to sell a product.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Nice sink installation!

Gives me motivation to figure out my kitchen project. I've had new counters and a sink sitting in my garage for several years now. I have some hurtles with my cabinets.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • halen
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »

Polk has a "fluid coupled passive radiator" and you're surprised there's an "air switch"? :D Both are cool B)

Lol. So fluid couple passive radiator

Are they forcing fluid upon a non aggressive radiator? Did they somehow separate out the aggressive ones to one corner? Hahaha.
    Ahhh Damn.... awesome colorful words.
  • JayCee
    edited January 2020
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »

Lol. So fluid couple passive radiator

Are they forcing fluid upon a non aggressive radiator? Did they somehow separate out the aggressive ones to one corner? Hahaha.
    Ahhh Damn.... awesome colorful words.

Word on the street is the PR hooked up w/a cheap floozy of a pro amp, causing the aggressiveness (and gaseous bloat), but later set up house w/a Parasound and found a match made in heaven. Aggressiveness cured.