Behringer NU6000 Fan Upgrade

Options
I used Arctic F8 fans I got from Amazon.

These are exact size replacement. So just unscrew the originals and use the same screws to secure the new ones.

The original fans plugged into these little white shrouds. Notice the pins sticking up in the middle of the picture below. This is where I pulled the shrouds up and off, leaving the pins exposed. It helps to heat them some. A hair dryer or heat gun will work.

maxvpeg2qidm.jpg

The original fans are two pin and the new ones are three pin. Two are power and one is a speed sensor that is not used. I plugged them onto the pins. Note orientation. Wire on the right side of the connector is not connected.

vr4q53pq86ns.jpg

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Great, thanks man! I'll be doing the fans in my Beringer NX3000 and the fan in my Hafler. That fan can get noisy when it warms up.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Arctic F8 PWM - 80 mm PWM Case Fan I Cooler with Standard Case | PWM-Signal Regulates Fan Speed | Push- or Pull Configuration Possible https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3SWJ24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HdskEbHMJB149

With my Hafler having a fan that changes speed does this appear to be one that would work? If not, do you think just having one that is much quieter at 100% would be fine too?

Thanks!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    I like Arctic Cooling but Noctua is a bit better IMHO
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    Options

They are very nice but coming from Austria they cost a little more. For instance, the Behringer I used is $6. The Noctua is $16. Not a bank breaker but a difference.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    With my Hafler having a fan that changes speed does this appear to be one that would work? If not, do you think just having one that is much quieter at 100% would be fine too?

Thanks!

What connector does your Hafler use? Is it a 3-pin or 4-pin?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Wardsweb wrote: »

They are very nice but coming from Austria they cost a little more. For instance, the Behringer I used is $6. The Noctua is $16. Not a bank breaker but a difference.

Understand. I’ve used both in computers.

My 120mm Noctuas have been running 24/7/365 for about 7 years straight with no complaints.

The Arctic cooling ones I got wouldn’t work in the application I needed (intake rather than exhaust), so I’ve stuck with Noctua.

I also like the noise profile a bit better than the ACs...

Again personal preference. Both MICH better than stock or a junk brand like Thermaltake
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)