Post a recipe... any recipe

I love Frank Zappa!
rpf65 wrote: »
I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,390
    1 gram cocaine, 1/2 gram baking soda, bit of water, heat up in spoon
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,616
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

• WillowWillow Posts: 10,300
    bread and PB...
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung Qled 75", Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,390
    Did you know if you boil a can of sweetened condensed milk in the can (whole, don't open it) for a bajillion hours it turns into caramel pie filling?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,713
    1 part Vodka. ........ oh, that's it. Just 1 part Vodka.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    I got nothing. The Mrs does all the cooking. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,521
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Recipe for disaster:

1) Drink plenty of alcohol
    2) Start posting on internet forums

Guilty as charged. :(
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • charley96charley96 Posts: 161
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Recipe for disaster:

Guilty as charged. :(

Another great Dewey Cox song. :D
    Recipe for disaster:

I wouldn't have it any other way.

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,423
    edited January 18
    Buy a smoker

put it on the smoker and smoke it!!!! get a dirt cheap Pit boss from Walmart and start love to grill again.

It will do ribs or smoke your Pork tenderloins or buts or beef tenderloins or fat steaks and make it love eating again and it easy-pesy Japanese... no fuss some simple any of you idiots can do it B) Trust me!

put your ribs on top self..in 3 hours - take them off and spray with parkay butter and add a little brown sugar on top..cook for another hour or hour and a half. check with instant read temp probe if its 210 take it off or keep cokking until it does.. for the best ribs ever.

for buts 6 hours naked then foil for 2 and start checking for temp.. when 210 rest for 30 minutes and ..1st tear off some to eat before you start shredding for pulled pork as is best with juices in it..once shredded it loses the moisture ..some eat some 1st B)

pork tenderloins or Beef tend loins..cook to 90 degrees then flip and cook to 128 to remove and rest in foil...for 5 to 10 minutes ..for the beef eat plain for the pork try some Tar heel tang vinegar sauce from plowboys or Bluehogs Tennessee red the vinagar sauce work on pork but not beef

oops...for pork cook until 140 then wrap in foil for 10 minutes and it should be 145 and safe to eat and be so juicy ..for chicken do not over 165 or it to dry in my opinion only
    Post edited by voltz on
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,308
    Two extraordinary recipes from book below are my favorite "meat" recipes. One recipe for stove top and one for the grill. I have used this book since it was originally published in 1999.

Recipe for Grilled Pork Chops only. You are on your own for the Steak au Poivre recipe. I found drinking tequila is dangerous while making the Steak au Poivre and using cognac to make the sauce.

Jacques Grilled Pork Chops

4k7oof523sia.jpg

The Grilled Pork Chops recipe is the simplest and best recipe for chops I have ever tasted. I never thought rosemary would provide so much flavor enhancement to "Frenched" 1-1/2 inch thick loin pork chops.

I use a TEC or Solaire infrared grill which heat to extremely high temps within 2-3 minutes. (Great for steaks and chops as always sears)

The method in this recipe is the important process and you must use a very hot grill. I have found grill pans on stove top do not work as well.

Ingredients
    2 loin chops, both 1-1/2 inches thick
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves, chopped fresh
    1 1/2 tsp avocado or olive oil
    fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish

Directions (method)

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit for resting chops.

2. Trim loin chops of excess fat and sinew; French them.

3. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the salt, pepper, and chopped rosemary--pat the seasoning so they adhere to the meat.

4. Pour the oil into a plate and dip the chops into the oil on all sides to coat lightly.

5. Set the grill over high heat and allow it to get quite hot.

6. Lay the chops at an angle to the ridges and cook for 2 minutes, until clearly marked. Turn them over, keeping the same angle, so the now visible marks align with the ridges. Cook for 2 minutes in this side. Turn the chops over again and now rotate them as well, so the visible marks are perpendicular to the ridges. Cook for 2 minutes, until a crisscross is clear. Turn the chops over for the third time, keeping them at the same angle. Cook for 2 minutes, so that the second side of the chops has been on the grill as long as the first side.

7. Finally, stand the chops on their outside edges, balanced against a potato half or other prop. Brown for about 2 minutes, shifting the chop as needed so the entire edge is browned. Total cooking time is 10 minutes for medium 1-1/2 inch chops. The meat around the bone is incredible. Until I used this recipe, I never picked the bone up and gnawed.

8. Remove the chops to a platter and place in the oven for about 10 minutes, to allow them to decontract. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.

Note recipe card:
    https://www.justapinch.com/print/main-course/main-course-pork/jacques-pepins-grilled-pork-chops.html?ttl=1579352675

Steak au Poivre
    1-b9489edd47.jpg

j0so1vsw6imf.jpg

If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
    Why would one kiss a porkchop?

• NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,912
    Ingredients
    6.75 gallons of water
    9lbs. flaked maize (corn)
    2lbs. malted and crushed barley
    Yeast (distillers yeast, or even bread yeast)
    Granulated sugar (optional)
    Mash Procedure
    Heat water to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Add the corn (place in a nylon strainer bag or in a steel mesh basket).
    Stir and allow to sit until temperature naturally drops to 148 degrees Farenheit.
    Stir in the malted barley and allow to sit for 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
    Remove the grains, allowing them to drain into the kettle.
    Pasteurize by heating to at least 170F (optional step).
    Cool the mash to 75 degrees Farenheit.
    Transfer to a fermentation bucket and add yeast.
    Allow to ferment for 7-10 days.
    of course sugar if added would be done between steps 6 and 7
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,300
    Why would one kiss a porkchop?

Step 2....right.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung Qled 75", Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,820
    Toast and butter:
    Put two slices of bread in the toaster and pull down handle.
    Add 1/2 TBSP salted butter upon removal
    Options: Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon top or jam of your choice.

Wash down with coffee if in the morning or beer if in the evening.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • hoosier21hoosier21 Posts: 4,406
    One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

repeat
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

repeat

:s:#
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Ingredients
    6.75 gallons of water
    Mash Procedure
    Stir and allow to sit until temperature naturally drops to 148 degrees Farenheit.
    Stir in the malted barley and allow to sit for 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

And then you put it in the still?

edited January 22
    Ingredients
    6.75 gallons of water
    Mash Procedure

That's why them Tennessee drivers are shaking and moving! @audioluvr
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,820
    Ingredients
    6.75 gallons of water
    Mash Procedure

That would be a good mash reciepe!
    CH46E wrote: »
    That's why them Tennessee drivers are shaking and moving! @audioluvr

No doubt!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,759
    One of my most challenging recipes...
    L'Eau Bouillie (The Boiled Water)

You need a stove, a pot, and some water.

Ever so carefully, place the water into the pot. carry it over to the stove from the sink without dropping it, and set the heat to high. Wait 5 minutes or so, and violin! Boiled Water.

Challenging recipe if there ever was one. ;)B)
    Ingredients
    6.75 gallons of water
    Mash Procedure

yup.....Collect distillate in small, pint sized containers.
    Making Cuts
    Distillation is a delicate process that involves separating different parts of the "run" into separate containers and blending only the best parts, called the hearts.
    Once one pint is full, number it, set aside, and fill another pint.
    Foreshots
    The first half of a jar will be called the foreshots. This needs to be thrown away, as it could be poisonous.
    Heads
    The second part of the run is called the heads. Heads contain compounds such as acetone, acetaldehyde, and acetate. These compounds taste harsh and smell bad. They'll also give you a hangover. Set them aside.
    Hearts
    The hearts contain ethanol and other desirable compounds. They have a rich aroma and taste, and are quite smooth. Keep this.
    Tails
    The richness of the middle part of the run will fade into what are called the tails. This section of the run has a dull, watery taste. Keep this and blend with heads for future runs...…………..
    I call this "Life's Angry" recipe.

Add in this order.

1 part wife.

2 parts speakers and a HTR.

Then upgrade the HTR to seperates and good luck explaining why.

1 part Subwoofer.
    4 parts surround speakers.
    1 part 70 inch TV.
    Add 1 more part Subwoofer. Because the house does not shake enough.
    Add 2 more new amplifiers.

Bring home some big ugly boxes you found on the curb.

Add 1 part power conditioner and $2,000 in wires.

Then tell wife you want to upgrade it all.

Bingo! Congrats.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 45,176
    fqzltg36e124.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,461
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^looks like our new cat got a hold of it. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 7,430
    Crack Slaw

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 735
    Useful after knee surgery: The 2 x 4, two Percocets followed by four beers.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R