Good night at the auction!

Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited January 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Out of curiosity, I stopped in at an auction house in Rockford IL that I had not been to. They had advertised the selling out of an audio/video store, but not many details other than listing AudioQuest in the auction listing. Fortunately, only a few people there with any clue, and the over 200 brand new packages of Monster Cables were keeping the eBayer's occupied. I scored:

(2) 2 meter AudioQuest Sidewinder IC's - $12 each
(2) 3 meter AudioQuest Sidewinder IC's - $10 each

NAD T532 DVD player - progressive scan - $25 has some scratches on top, but front is mint. I have it playing now and seem to work great!

Marantz SR5100 stereo receiver, mint condition, seems to work good, little bit of scratchiness in some of the controls. I had one of these when I was younger, so for the $15 to buy it I took a trip down memory lane!

Adcom GFA7605 - 5 ch. 125 wpc, absolutely mint, with box, they had it buried way in the back under a bunch of VHS players, only a couple of people had a clue ..... walked away with it $210.

Score!!!!!!!!!!
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2005
    Options
    :( i wanna find sumthin cool
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Darn nice score on the Adcom.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Nice scores. Those are an interesting series of Marantz receivers. I have SR7100DC and the original owners manual. The spec page only gives a 4 ohm rating of 63wpc, and no 8 ohm rating. I have another Marantz receiver from the 80's, SR-620, and the only rating I can find for it is 55wpc @ 4 ohms. At least they'll do it.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2005
    Options
    You **** munch, I never get that lucky. ;)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Polkthug - I'll take that as a compliment :-) I spend a lot of time at auctions because I deal a little in antiques, buy antiques as investments, and buy antique furniture to take apart and copy. The really sweet deals are far and few between and just amount to being in the right spot at the right time! My guess is if the auction company had realized what the Adcom was, they would of had it in the ad for the auction and I would of had some real competition. As was, the auctioneer couldn't figure out what it was for because there were no knobs or anything on it!

Now I have a real quandry! The Adcom is really overkill for my second HT system, and I really like my Outlaw M200's I have running my front 3 channels on my main HT. I was going to try to pickup a used HK PA5000 series 5 ch. amp for the second HT system, but these have been going really high on eBay lately. So, for the $210 I paid for the Adcom, I guess it's going to get put in the second HT, because I can't replace it for anywhere close to the money. I've been selling off vintage amplifiers so I can get one decent power amp/pre-amp for my 2 ch. rig in IL. I'm keeping my custom built GAS Ampzilla's for my 2 ch. setup at the farm in IA. I wish I could find a deal on a 2 ch. amp!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • waylyn5945
    waylyn5945 Posts: 18
    edited January 2005
    Options
    You poor man, I really sympathize with you - NOT! I wish I had that quandry!:p
    Wayno