The eagle has landed - L800

lookie here. gotta get these suckers warmed up.vkcxe7kws7ie.jpg

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very nice! Congrats!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Coolness !! Whats your initial take on them?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hi @kyn

Do you two know each other?

Nope. But it's obvious that it's him, look at the Raidho speakers off to the side.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2020
    No need to get the oil to pop the popcorn. It's popping by itself.

Bets on how long he lasts this time? In with 7 6 5 days. $10.00 in. Next?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    bubbagump wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hi @kyn
    Who dat?

Kirt McMaster, that's who.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2020
    Not again. You didn’t learn your lesson last time? Bet this won’t last till the end of the day.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2020
    bubbagump wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    Not again. You didn’t learn your lesson last time? Bet this won’t last till the end of the day.

Sorry friend but not quite sure what you are referring to? Im just a humble L800 customer here to spread the love.

Pardon my ignorance good lass.

Don’t confuse me as a friend after what you said to all of us last time!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    If you don’t mind me asking? Where did you purchase them and if you had them shipped to you? How did they fare on delivery? Thank you and welcome. You are the first owner of the new standard by which other speakers will be judged?
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    You people do realize this is "Kyn" who started the L800 thread that was (by his own insistence) to stay on topic that he then sent off the rails himself with ramblings about BACCH and other corporate shill drivel?

LOL
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I wonder...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    You people do realize this is "Kyn" who started the L800 thread that was (by his own insistence) to stay on topic that he then sent off the rails himself with ramblings about BACCH and other corporate shill drivel?

LOL

I did not. Thanks for the heads up.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • OldCrow
    OldCrow Posts: 31
    There's an L800 review on youtube by Andrew Robinson. It's an interesting watch. Several times he mentions the die-hard Polk fans- I wonder if he's aware of this forum? You don't hear people blathering on like us about how much they love their JBLs.

Short version (SPOILERS)

1. He thought the SDA and tonality were magnificent but crucially dependent on placement and source. Sounded horrible if not. 100% true, but what spkr isn't? What about those poor schlubs with their Maggies 6 feet into the room? He also made it sound like only 1 track in a hundred would benefit from SDA. My experience is closer to the opposite. He then claimed they needed "boundary reinforcement" from nearby side walls. That doesn't sound right; I don't think people (reviewers) realize the physics of SDA- it's pretty straightforward (like, after Matt figured it out and drew the pretty pictures).

2. He felt they're fussy about the amp. If you didn't have the right amp (and he implied I didn't) they'd sound awful. My SDAs have always been very welcoming.

3. He didn't love their looks. But...if he loved them, he would.

Part of me hopes he's wrong, cause I wanna a pair! Part of doesn't, cause I just moved from SDA1s to SRSs.
    Current system: SDA-SRS, Carver Crimson 275 amp, 10 Octave LP-1R preamp
    Previous system: SDA-1, Carver M-1.5t amp, Adcom GFP-1A preamp
    I listen better than I used to, but I don't hear as well.