Howto access a SRS 2.3 Cabinet

Options
Been struggling with how to access the insides of a SRS 2.3 that I recently acquired. Prior owner unbolted the crossovers and they are sitting on the floor of the cabinet and it has one dead tweeter. Would like to open the cabinet up to check and fix everything and rebuild crossovers. I pulled a side panel but it was glued to the casing so no access there. Can't figure out next step without risking real damage. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hilltoppa56
    Options
    This is the SRS 2.3 - not the SRS 2.3 TL
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Take all the drivers out. Whether 2.3 or 2.3tl they are the same cabinet in that regard
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Remove the passive radiator for internal access.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Hilltoppa56
    Options
    Got it - Thanks. Guess I need long arms to access the top.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You have to remove the drivers to access the top end. A little common sense goes a long way. :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Checks calendar.

Sees that it is not April 1st.

Scratches head.
  • Hilltoppa56
    Options
    Got it. Have always worked on Klipsch speakers where access was not an issue. This is my first Polk so I am taking it slow to make sure I don't go off track.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    Got it. Have always worked on Klipsch speakers where access was not an issue. This is my first Polk so I am taking it slow to make sure I don't go off track.

Not to be hard on you but I do find it funny that you took the whole side panel of the speaker off before thinking of possibly removing the drivers or passive radiator. Sometimes in this hobby we just overthink things.
  • Hilltoppa56
    Options
    I need to replace the fabric because it came from a "cat" house. Had a number of holes and pulls. Started on the outside and working my way inward.
    This is a project SRS 2.3 that I got for a song and I want to see if I can get it up and running again.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    Got it - Thanks. Guess I need long arms to access the top.
    You should be able to crawl inside through the passive.

Nice pickup, and welcome to CP!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hilltoppa56
    Options
    Thanks. Been lurking for a while but now that I have the speakers I figured I'd join and learn.