Sub amps & other components from Boston Acoustics VR965 powered towers

Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
edited December 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I realize it's probably a long shot, but here are the electronic components from my recently dismantled Boston Acoustics VR965 powered towers.

Free shipping on any and all items.

First up are the 80 watt sub amps. A binding post on one of them is half broken off, but a solid connection with bare wire is still easy to obtain. Of course, now that the amp is removed from the cabinet, it is extremely easy to replace. Think of the possibilities with these: For instance, you could use them as an amp for a small DIY sub, or as monoblock amps for a PC or bedroom setup. The amps also have high pass connections on the circuit boards, so you could build a pair of powered towers or a pair of powered monitors a la the Definitive Technology Power Monitor Series. If anyone is interested in them, I also have the crossovers for the mid & tweeter drivers I'll throw in for free with the amp(s). I am asking $30 each or $50 for both.

Next up are the excellent Lynnfield VR 1" tweeters with anodized aluminum dome and extruded aluminum heat sink. These are really nice sounding tweeters (IMHO), and are very hard to find if you need to replace a bad one. I am asking $25 each or $40 for both.

Next are the 4-1/2" midrange drivers. They have rubber surrounds and are magnetically shielded. I am asking $15 each or $25 for both.

Finally, the 8" woofers. These also have rubber surrounds and magnetic shielding. FYI - one of the woofers has voice coil issues. I am not sure if it is repairable or not, but that is certainly something out of my skill level if it is possible?? I am asking $20 for the good one. (You can have the one with the bad voice coil for free if you buy the good one and want it).

Like I said, it is probably a long shot, but I'll try anyhow. For someone who is looking for a fun winter project, you could buy the whole lot and build your own powered tower or monitor speakers. For anyone interested, you can have the whole lot of parts for $100 shipped.

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

Post edited by Rick88 on

Comments

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    edited November 2013
    I'd also be interested in a trade for a descent SACD/universal disc player, such as a Denon 2900 or similar...

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

edited November 2013
    DSkip wrote: »
    Rick, I'm interested in those amps but want to see if they would work as intended. Can confirm when I get home.

I'm currently in discussions with someone else over the sale of the lot of parts. I'd much prefer to sell that way if at all possible, so that I wouldn't be stuck with the drivers. The drivers would probably sell on ebay, but I do not have an account, nor do I wish to start one at this time.

Therefore, I'm going to give it a couple days to see if anyone is interested in purchasing the lot of components before I think about separating. I ask for everyone's understanding in this matter...

Also, no PayPal account here, so I can only accept a Postal Money Order as payment.

edited November 2013
    DSkip wrote: »
    Good luck, completely understandable.

Thanks for your understanding. I'll update as necessary...

edited November 2013

• halo71halo71 Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2013
    Rick, I got the box today. Everything appears to be in excellent shape. Packed very very well!

Thanks again!

Gary
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • jposey72jposey72 Posts: 1
    Any of these parts still available? I'm looking for the tweeters
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 5,029
    Six years ago
    HT - Polk Lsi9, Lsi7, LsiC, Marsh A200s, B&K ST-1430, Pioneer Elite BDP 62FD, Marantz SR7008, Martin Logan Dynamo, NHT CS-10, Mogami 3103 speaker wire, Mogami 2534 IC

mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Infinity SL40, Audioengine B1