Instapot recipes....

Options
Wife and I got an instapot for Christmas and it is AMAZING!!!! We have the maiden voyage tonight and had a great tasting dinner - adobo chicken on a bed of basmati rice with a side of roasted broccoli. Thought I would start a thread having people submit their favorite recipes.

https://www.savorytooth.com/instant-pot-chicken-adobo/

wk5ecam8i565.jpeg

Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Isn't this thing just a modern version of a pressure cooker?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Exactly; but some of the food I have had in it tastes amazing. My brother makes an Italian beef in it that tastes delicious. A couple other people we knew raves about it. So we got one and we love it. It’s pretty fool proof and the old pressure cookers with digital display and all push button operation.

Shawn
  • treitz3
    Options
    That's what I thought. Just and FYI, check this book out. There are a couple of used ones on Flea Prey right now for under 4 bucks. New ones can be had for around $11.

pu771pgcjlh1.png

This is the most highly recommended book that I ran across years ago. The Pressure Cooking world seemingly goes ga-ga over it. Lots of recipes that you can use in yours, as well as normal Pressure Cookers.

They are yet another piece of gear in your kitchen arsenal that are quick, efficient and can crank out some really good recipes. I'll chime in when I get some good ones myself. Congrat's on your new toy.

We love steaming things in ours. It doesn't take long at all.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    Here is another book I would recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Cooker-Perfection-Foolproof-Recipes/dp/1936493411/ref=pd_lutyp_crty_cxhsh_2_4/142-2746198-7832840?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1936493411&pd_rd_r=c11ee32b-7f03-4438-97f6-6415981c2aa0&pd_rd_w=gSSTa&pd_rd_wg=Rw6NV&pf_rd_p=7be52ccc-ac4f-4c23-8fa3-4436102d5169&pf_rd_r=XB8M06RVE20BJRVXWWZV&psc=1&refRID=XB8M06RVE20BJRVXWWZV

l4z3bytsv9bd.png

It's about 13 bucks and has normal recipes that you don't have to travel the globe to try and locate the ingredients. I have not cooked any recipes out of this one yet (except artichokes but from a blend of this book and my old school personal recipe) but I have cooked hundreds of recipes from Cook's Illustrated over the decades and very few of them I do not like. Some of them are outstanding and have become staples in not only what I cook but how I cook.

Pressure Cooking rice in chicken stock now for a rice and turkey chili bowl.

Tom
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Thanks Tom; I will have to check those out
    Shawn
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Designed by a guy here in Ottawa. I think he was an ex-Nortel employee. We don't have one.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    I have the smaller instant pot and enjoy it. Let me get some recipes together and I will post what I have had thus far.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • treitz3
    Options
    Make sure you have fresh batteries in your smoke detectors. Apparently, this is not an isolated incident. Just an FYI...

ba74di2w100y.png

Tom
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Mine is a slow cooker too.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Have had one of these for a few years, Christmas gift. I have never used it.

Use a crock pot for beans, soups, and stews. The cheap non-digital type. Actually wrote a paper for English composition paper on the benefits of cooking beans in a crockpot. Quite a few co-eds were suddenly interested in crockpot cooking.

Recently got an air fryer, love that thing. Still on the learning curve. Recently got the time and temperature correct for breaded chicken ****. Extra crispy breading, juicy meat, and not a hint of grease/oil.

Tried the insta pot a couple of times, and just didn’t care for it. Even tried the recipes the”famous” chef, who endorsed it, that was included, as well as suggestions from the person who gave it to me. I just get better results from using whatever technique I’m more accustomed to using.

• treitz3
    Options
    Good grief! B r e a s t s is a banned word? Pfft.

Tom
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    We do lobster tails in butter/water/wine. They cook in like 4 minutes!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Not if you get sprinkles on your vanilla
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Can we say "chicken chest?"
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2