Flo by Moen

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
So I don't usually talk about stuff like this but I have to acknowledge this little device and how cool it is.

It installs on your main water line after the PRV, it took me about a hour since I installed it in my kitchen cabinet. Anyaays, very easy to install.

It monitors your water and shuts off in the event of a leak.

I have had it about 3 weeks now and there was an ocassion my wife left a faucet dripping, just a small drip and that morning when it ran its test it notified me of the small drip...

There was another circumstance where we were using the shower, dishwasher and washing machine and a faucet at the same time and it notified me of high water usage and aske dif I wanted to turn off the water.

I bought it reconditioned from Moen, $300 and well worth it. Works excellent.

I also like that it shows you your water usage by day, by fixture/device... Pressure, temperature.

Good stuff!

Anyways, back to your regular sxheduled programming
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    How does it differentiate between fixtures?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    It has an AI based interface that has general knowledge of patterns, GPS usage, etc of different devices. So a washing machine usage x gallon per minute in certain intervals, like 20 gallons at a time, etc etc etc. Same wish a dishwasher.

But it knows your house, not an exact faucet, but it can tell you a faucet used x gallons on x day at x time.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Ah, gotcha. I saw one of those advertised recently and I breezed over it. Kinda blew it off because the last thing I need is for the water to be cut off when I'm taking a shower and there is soap all over my eyes because the wife started the washer while we were sprinkling the lawn with 5 sprayers and the dishwasher is going. (Which during the summer, is not uncommon on the weekends)

So, it will not cut off at all until you give permission on the app?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Right it contacts you via the app and a telephone call if it senses high water usage, otherwise it will cut off in five minutes.

However if you do this often at a regularly schedule time, like the sprinklers run every Saturday at 3pm, it won't even care baout it
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    Note to self: wait for Tom to get one, then hack it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    I've seen this on Ask or This Old House nice to here from someone who owns one.