Had a couple of these last night. Easy on palette with a hint of smoke
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,345
    6% abv water....
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,683
    lightman1 wrote: »
    0sraz1hesdsv.jpg

Had a couple of these last night. Easy on palette with a hint of smoke

Goat pee...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,345
    edited October 2019
    muncybob wrote: »
    Anybody tried the Bud Light Platinum?
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    6% abv water....

• muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,298
    Figured as much. Maybe now Coors Light drinkers can get a buzz on?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • JstasJstas Posts: 14,183
    Do kegs count?

Glasstown Brewing Co.'s 856 Double IPA.

I had to pull a string and owe a favor to get this as they are small production and don't have enough product to sell kegs to the public. Public gets cans only.

But this is one of the top DIPAs on the market.

228brcdykl26.jpg

Even snooty Beer Advocate gives it a 90 out of 100 which is hard to do.

I'd rank this above Heady Topper. More on par with the Troegs brothers Nimble Giant which is another amazing brew!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33640/139554/?ba=JT99125
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MalbecMalbec Posts: 526
    Testing my new black and tan glass
    5l12dnl6avtv.jpg
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,315
    Have a sixer of Anchor Steam Christmas from this year and it tastes terrible. :(
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 5,094
    Jstas wrote: »
    Do kegs count?

Glasstown Brewing Co.'s 856 Double IPA.

I had to pull a string and owe a favor to get this as they are small production and don't have enough product to sell kegs to the public. Public gets cans only.

But this is one of the top DIPAs on the market.

228brcdykl26.jpg

Even snooty Beer Advocate gives it a 90 out of 100 which is hard to do.

I'd rank this above Heady Topper. More on par with the Troegs brothers Nimble Giant which is another amazing brew!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33640/139554/?ba=JT99125

Addy please! ;)
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Have a sixer of Anchor Steam Christmas from this year and it tastes terrible. :(

After being completely underwhelmed the last couple of seasons, I didn't buy any this year. The Christmas Ale used to be one of the best seasonal brews out there.

This Peanut Butter Porter is pretty good.
    r8lwjx0dtwo0.jpg

Uncapped one of my last six bottles from 2015

caefqa6pqtcp.jpg
    A couple of limited seasonals worth grabbing.
    Lagunitas Lucky 13. My favorite red ale, it's a big beer at 8.8 ABV

3tj0tt1hfr3l.jpg

Founders Imperial Stout. 10.5 ABV Not bad for a bottled Stout.

1ipvinro5n1x.jpg

My days of drinking awesome, high calorie beers are over until I can lose 30 lbs. Buzz Litebeer for now.....sigh....
    deronb1 wrote: »
    My days of drinking awesome, high calorie beers are over until I can lose 30 lbs. Buzz Litebeer for now.....sigh....

You only get one shot at life...drink the good stuff. ;)
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
    mrbiron wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »

You only get one shot at life...drink the good stuff. ;)

I will once I drop the weight. Will treat myself!
    You can lose weight and still enjoy the high gravity beers.
    Moderation my man, moderation.
    Malbec wrote: »
    You can lose weight and still enjoy the high gravity beers.
    Moderation my man, moderation.

That's my problem, have trouble with that...lol.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,160
    Stop eating and just drink. Works for me!
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
    audioluvr wrote: »

Hey! Now there's an idea!
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I’ve had plenty of beers that you could also chew...
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,298
    We can't get Alaskan Brewery beer here, but we are on an Alaskan cruise in May and hope to get my hands on some of their smoked porter. Anybody tried this?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,399
    ntrpgqsybt0v.jpg
    New Belgium-Hemperor

New Belgiums entry into the HPA brews, upon popping the cap you get that Danky
    Skunky aroma, upon releasing this upon ones taste buds you get the bite of a good IPA only thing is a smooth taste going down and no after taste. 7% ABV nice Carmel color with a smooth silky head yep this one wets the whistle. I feel like going through my Grateful Dead collection to pick out some tunes for tonight's listening session.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    Just finished this 12.1%.

My cheeks feel warm.

ovtfzcze1mm1.jpeg
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,300
    Drinking my first beers in three weeks. The same old beer, but I like it. :)

nvmcir9owdu0.jpeg
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    Enjoying a few one-offs at the brewery earlier this week.
    Had to try the Goldenmilk Latte on cask. Cardamom? Star Anise? No sane person would use these in a beer.

a4mvbv9q3zoi.jpg
    Had to try the Goldenmilk Latte on cask. Cardamom? Star Anise? No sane person would use these in a beer.

That’s why we love Dogfish Head Brewing. You never know until you try it.
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 558
    Sometimes it’s good to not be sane. Like these guys.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,399
    edited March 14
    Testing my new black and tan glass
    5l12dnl6avtv.jpg

Black & Tan time here, digging that Black & Tan glass where did you get it? If your enjoying one tonight here's to you.
    pj6hsnv4kouw.jpg
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    http://www.pretentiousglass.com/shop.html

Prost!
    I'll be brewing a stout soon. So once that's ready for consumption, the black and tans will be flowing.

I found a good dessert beer that I like as much as Southern Tier's Creme Brûlée

8roxnrt1kxu5.jpg

No kidding, this tastes exactly like apple pie.

om67c2h8991y.jpeg
    Still not a fan of Brett...