What happened to Derek (DSkip)?

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    BlueFox wrote: »
    He also panned the L800.

Ahhh! You may be onto it BlueDog!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    Yeah... I think that @BlueFox is indeed onto the proverbial “it”. Sound United is active on the forum now, it would seem, and there was a definite conflict of interest. Maybe a bit too “messy” for a major international corporation to accept?

Nice of DSkip to bow out like a gentleman, though.

He can still be reached at Audio Thesis.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    So, by deleting his account and all of his posts, we now have threads that will make virtually zero sense due to missing context. Solid plan to helping the audio community. :|

He could have just gone the “banned” route...

At least if I went down the same path, this forum would actually make more sense.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • verb
    Interesting. There are a lot of forums out there, of which the major manufacturers listen to. The forums are, after all , the voice of the customer. Good or bad, it is data, that any company would use to improve their products.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    la2vegas wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    He also panned the L800.

Bingo!

No, not bingo.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    ^^^^^

Totally agree. He sells more than speakers!
    Alea jacta est!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the info, Jesse, and for sharing what happened.
  • F1nut
    It had NOTHING to do with his L800 demo.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    edited December 2019
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hey guys, just touched base with Skip. He asked that I share this message:

I'm not abandoning the community but I can no longer be a part of the forum due to a conflict of interest. To be respectful to Sound United I have requested that I be removed from the forum, as well as my posts, so that it may better serve their needs.

I still plan on hosting events and maintaining friendships and support for my brothers. I'm still just a phone call or email away.

I talked with Skip as well and I told him straight up that was BS. All he had to do is stop talking about the speaker brands he sells and there's no conflict of interest. He could still talk about all of the other gear he sells and audio in general.

When I talked with him I was not aware that he asked for all his posts be removed. There was absolutely no need for that!!!

So what can we do? Is his presence irreversible? I get the speaker thing. Business is business. His contributions to all other things audio was tremendous.
  • F1nut
    verb wrote: »

I'm not abandoning the community but I can no longer be a part of the forum due to a conflict of interest. To be respectful to Sound United I have requested that I be removed from the forum, as well as my posts, so that it may better serve their needs.

I still plan on hosting events and maintaining friendships and support for my brothers. I'm still just a phone call or email away.

I talked with Skip as well and I told him straight up that was BS. All he had to do is stop talking about the speaker brands he sells and there's no conflict of interest. He could still talk about all of the other gear he sells and audio in general.

When I talked with him I was not aware that he asked for all his posts be removed. There was absolutely no need for that!!!

So what can we do? Is his presence irreversible? I get the speaker thing. Business is business. His contributions to all other things audio was tremendous.

Above my pay grade.

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Has anyone ever been reinstated with Vanilla?!

He could always come back as a “DSkip 2.0” or something, and not mention Rosso Fiorentino, or the other speaker brands he represents.
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    @CassidyStains need your help. We understand the speaker issue. If we can get that resolved, can you help? I for one would like to see @DSkip back.
  • F1nut
    Dave, it was his decision.

President of Club Polk

• verb
    Dave, it was his decision.

Yep. I get that. The flights of youth. Been there, done that. Maybe some time, ya never know!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    verb wrote: »
    @CassidyStains need your help. We understand the speaker issue. If we can get that resolved, can you help? I for one would like to see @DSkip back.

This just is what it is.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521

That is respectable.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Since I already finished a certain project, he will be well represented during The Polkie Awards.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Well dadgum.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Well this just stinks. He has been so helpful to me and many others. His presence will be missed.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    He is probably bored silly by now.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Bud, I am going to call **** on your “he panned the L800” comment.

If his thread was still there, he actually said they were the best Polks he has ever heard. The issue was with the SDA implementation and not one or two BUT EVERY SINGLE OTHER MEMBER OF THE FORUM THAT WAS THERE heard the same goddamned thing.

To single him out and to misrepresent what he said is the primary type of **** that led to him doing what he did. You aren’t the only one to do it and I am not singling you out but it is that type of purposeful obtuseness that led to it.
    The other who pulled the same **** know who they are and I truly hope they are sitting back enjoying their petty, childish, vindictive, and blatantly asinine “victory”.

Seriously makes me want to move on to. This place used to be about supporting others, not trying to drag them down and denigrate them at every possible turn unless they truly deserved it.

Some of you are no better than the trolls you constantly **** and moan about.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    edited December 2019
    I already stated it had nothing to do with his L800 demo. I believe Bud was simply speculating.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2019
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Bud, I am going to call **** on your “he panned the L800” comment.

Fine. Doesn’t change his comments.

Also, nobody ever said that his comments had anything to do with his leaving.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited December 2019
    Well the forum lost one of the good guys, how sad. He will be missed.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    WOW, what a shame.

Was such a class act!!!

Skip always offered his advise in such a professional manner, never suggested something for my audio journey that would not meet my needs.

Truly sad :(
This discussion has been closed.