Amazon Warehouse Warranties

Options
mylasthope
mylasthope Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in The Clubhouse
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Polk soundbar from Amazon's warehouse. Will Polk still honor the warranty? I've seen quite a few posts on this forum referring to products from Amazon's warehouse, so I'd like to think yes, but I just spoke with Polk's customer service and was told that Amazon is not authorized to sell non-new items. So, the warranty will not be honored.
Post edited by mylasthope on

Comments

• mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If you already spoke with Polk customer service I would say they have more knowledge and authority in regards to the warranties than most, if not all, members of the forum. Good luck anyhow.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think you answered your own question.

FWIW, I never expect a warranty to be honored on used equipment unless it's documented to be transferable.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Amazon clearly states that most manufacturer's warranties are voided once the item is opened and re-sold. That is why they offer square-trade warranties which are quite reasonable and their customer service is top notch (as is polk's).

I am also confused why you are asking this question??? You have been given the truth straight form the horses mouth, what more can we offer??
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Want warranty ?? Buy from Polk. Simple. BTW, the soundbars are an item that seems to require warranty work fairly frequently. I'd almost have to believe that a refurbed unit would have a better shot at working correctly for a long period simply due to the fact that it has been "gone over" by a tech within our shores. May be incorrect in that thinking, though!:eek: Good luck.
  • mylasthope
    mylasthope Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm asking because I see people refer to amazon warehouse on these forums so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Polk warranties on Amazon Warehouse purchases. Any way, I've received conflicting answers from Polk. Over the phone, I was told that the warranty would not be honored. However, via email, I was told that the warranty would be honored so long as it is sold right from Amazon. However, there seems to be confusion as to whether or not Amazon's warehouse is affiliated with Amazon.com since the receipt says Warehouse Deals, Inc. Amazon's description of the Warehouse Deals states that it is a subsidiary of Amazon.com and that it sells products that "are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as 'new'."

Also, despite Amazon saying that most manufacturer's warranties are voided, I've had other companies, such as Sony and Asus, honor the warranties for warehouse purchases.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mylasthope wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Polk soundbar from Amazon's warehouse. Will Polk still honor the warranty? I've seen quite a few posts on this forum referring to products from Amazon's warehouse, so I'd like to think yes, but I just spoke with Polk's customer service and was told that Amazon is not authorized to sell non-new items. So, the warranty will not be honored.

Shouldn't Polk know if it's own products have an official warranty or not? Seems like a done deal, answer is "no", in this case!

Am I missing something? Asking a question twice when it has already been answered is not going to change the answer.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mylasthope wrote: »
    I was told that the warranty would be honored so long as it is sold right from Amazon. However, there seems to be confusion as to whether or not Amazon's warehouse is affiliated with Amazon.com since the receipt says Warehouse Deals, Inc. Amazon's description of the Warehouse Deals states that it is a subsidiary of Amazon.com and that it sells products that "are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as 'new'."

So i guess the answer would be no because if it doesnt meet Amazon's standard of NEW then it wouldnt meet Polks standard of being new. Amazon would love to sell it to you at a higher price as new but since it isnt they can't. They want to stay in good relations with Polk so they have to sell it at a discount, and as not new condition. They go out of their way to make a second company called Warehouse Deals, Inc so they can sell the not new condtion items, and you cant say that it was boughten from Amazon.

If it doesnt say sold by Amazon then it isn't sold by Amazon. Doesnt matter who owns the company, it still isnt Amazon.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • Glowrdr
    Glowrdr Posts: 1,103
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just from my reading, it sounds like Polk will warranty NEW items from Amazon. You are looking at buying used items, so that's why they are saying it's not warrantied

I'm just as confused as everyone else as to why this is such an issue? Maybe I'm missing something - but it seems pretty clear cut to me.
    65" Sony X900 (XBR-65X900E)
    Pioneer Elite SC-37
    Polk Monitor 70's (2)
    Polk Monitor 40's (4)
    Polk Monitor CS2
    Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    Oppo BDP-93
    Squeezebox Duet
    Belkin PureAV PF60
    Dish Network "The Hoppa"
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I bought a Soundbar 6000 from Amazon, and it was sold through Barns & Noble.
    The sub failed within 20 hours and Polk replaced the amp plate as soon as I shipped them the dead one.
    It's back together and has been working fine ever since.
    Doesn't sound bad for the "bedroom TV system"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I think you woke up a 7yr old thread for what?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

There's a SPAM link that isn't highlighted in blue. "kingmorack"

Pretty sneaky, sis.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Well I'm on mobile so yea some do not stick out.
    kakaonulaha reported
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Good catch Jimmy!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Muchieman
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

There's a SPAM link that isn't highlighted in blue. "kingmorack"

Pretty sneaky, sis.

Yeah like why would Amazon need to buy racks from anyone. Good catch!

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Ah, the good old days when Polk had a stellar reputation for service behind the sale and world renowned customer service. It's amazing what 7 years can do.

Speaking of kakaonulaha....

What do you call a Hawaiian w h o r e?

Kumoniwannalayah

Okay, I'll stop. Shut up Russ.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~