Panny UB9000 for 2ch

Replaced the Oppo 103 with a Panasonic UB9000 and currently using the balanced connections for 2ch.

Just cruising with Dwight Yokum, Clint Black and Brooks and Dunn CD's. Great sound stage for initial impression.....if you like that kind of country :)

Tomorrow I'm going to throw my Judas Priest "Sad Wings Of Destiny" CD at it, that ought to shock the whole system :D
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'm going to throw my Judas Priest "Sad Wings Of Destiny" CD at it, that ought to shock the whole system :D

Considering when it was released, it's a pretty good sounding CD. I love it. Enjoy!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Sweet, didn't know Panasonic made anything that extravagant anymore!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    The UB900 was just about as good (for 2 channel audio). In fact, I play my FLAC files via the USB input to utilize the DSP modes.
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets