Stupid Pet Tricks

One of ours like to play fetch. "Big deal!" you say. Yeah, but she's a cat! Loves super balls. Green ones to be exact.(they're color blind right?) She'll chase and carry it back to me clenching it in her front fangs. She's usually good for a 1/2 hour or so before she tires out.

Yours?

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited December 2019
    My youngest does the same with toy mice. When she's in the mood, she's very insistent.
    m384ntqxojj7.jpg
    Took this tonight.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    hlxkug1lq579.jpeg
    This dink does the same but with small foam balls.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Here's Walter raising his paw (just like I do!) to get a little treat! :smile:
    l0i08na9bv48.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Some cats are very smart. ;):)
    We had one.

Our beloved Cali who passed on to cat heaven July 5th this year ALSO liked a GREEN little mouse over the other colors. Turquoise my wife says. ;) Super balls were heard bouncing off the kitchen cabinets' kick boards hundreds of times over the 13 years or more she was here...usually around 3:00am! :D
    She played pat the balls back while laying on her side. We'd roll a little superball or ping-pong ball to her and she would hit it back to us with uncanny accuracy.

The big trick for her was to go outside. We could ask her if she wanted to go outside and BAM she was at the back door! BUT...she knew she had to have a leash on. She would run to the back door of the back porch and SIT. We'd snap the leash on and she would pop up and get ready to go out.

We sure miss her!
    v8a1b43wdn8b.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My cat has good taste. So good I made him my avatar. :)

aafwchbba1eo.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    My Belgian Malinois likes to recycle plastic bottles. I'll try and get a video up tomorrow! She is the smartest box of rocks I know. And the sweetest!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    verb wrote: »
    Here's Walter raising his paw (just like I do!) to get a little treat! :smile:
    l0i08na9bv48.png

Maggie, our 4th Cocker used to do that when she wanted a treat.

ri1zndlg98zv.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Jack is our 9 yr old black cat. We also have 2 dogs. I never thought I would see the day when the cat wants to go for longer walks than the dogs!

To put this in perspective, we live where the animals do not need to be on a leash...plenty of woods and trails. Jack will often tag along for our nature walk which is usually about 2 miles. Often he will want to keep going even though we have started the route back to the house. Not exactly a pet trick but amuses me for sure.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Milito
    edited December 2019
    Marley saying to me, "what do your mean you want to sit here?"

hasuanz8agm3.jpg

He is also going after the cat on the wall at the vet's office.

50ic2m27h3ye.jpg

ndrz3j4yjnh6.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    ^^^^^
    Beautiful Springer.

They are lovely, lovable cement-heads.
    Ask me how I know :-)
  • Milito
    edited December 2019
    Thanks, but he is an American Cocker Spaniel. He is our 5th one. People are really surprised he was available for adoption. We have had a lot of compliments about his looks.

That was after we adopted him and his hair hadn't grown out which makes him look more like a Springer Spaniel. When they rescue them they shave them close to see if they have any skin issues and a lot of times their coat is matted.

OK I'll bite, how do you know?