Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Spicydragonr0ll
    Zero not “o”
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    My Christmas present, which I will explain shortly...
    hlmoei1ehykj.jpg
    c0z429s1mit0.jpg
    Martin Logan LX16s!

So it started about a week and a half ago. My dad had a pair of Eosone RSF 600 towers downstairs. They are great speakers, but in the only place mom would let him put them, they sounded quite bad. Dad wanted to upgrade, but that wasn't really an option. After a couple of years with them, Mom was tired of looking at them, so she told dad to get out his Boston bookshelf speakers to put in the entertainment center.

The entertainment center downstairs is white, so the black Boston bookshelves didn't look very nice either. So mom and dad called me downstairs and offered me a trade; The Boston bookies, the Eosones, and $150 for my KEF Q150s. After a bit of thinking, I decided yes, with the intention of trying one of the other pairs of speakers I had looked at. And worst-case scenario, I would not like the other speakers, in which case I could return them and get the newer walnut finish Q150s That weren't available when I bought mine.

After digging up the other models I had liked back in January, I noticed that the LX16s were on sale for $400 a pair. Now these (or the Dali Oberon 3s) Were the speakers I would have bought had my budget been bigger at the time. I decided it was a deal I couldn't pass up. After some more negotiation with the parental units, these became my early Christmas present from them AND to myself. ;)

They arrived this morning, and WOW, they sound good out of the box! Easily as good as the KEFs did fully broken in. Even in the 5 hours I've owned them, I've noticed marked improvements, especially in the midrange clarity. The KEFs were no slouches but these are one (or two) notches above them.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with them, and hearing as they open up. More thoughts to come, probably in a separate thread. :)

-Micah

Micah,

I really enjoyed your post!! Life is grand with our loved ones!

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Spicydragonr0ll
    Zero not “o”

Ooooo that will come in handy down the line :D:D:D
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    DSkip wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.
    I wish my home could be that forever home. Maybe someday.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'd be happy with Fiesole
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displayname
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Fiesole

I mean I'm not particularly unhappy with my current speakers. But I'd be MORE happy with some Fiesoles. And EVEN MORE happy with the Sienas, lol.
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    What are you using now?

• displayname
    What are you using now?
    I have JBL Studio 580s. They do well (especially factoring in what I paid for them), but at this point the speakers and the room are probably the weakest points in my system.

A lot of life got in the way this year, but hopefully a speaker upgrade will be on the horizon.
    Discogs
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.

Beautiful. What are those speakers?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • Nightfall
    Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign

I even got a Wireworld HDMI cable on her. She's always ready to go.

What a nerd.

Anyway, I added you.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    TennMan wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

Beautiful. What are those speakers?

Rosso Fiorentino Siena
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign

I even got a Wireworld HDMI cable on her. She's always ready to go.

What a nerd.

Anyway, I added you.

Sweet
    And I have an AQ Carbon HDMI on mine :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    5xu5uwgm8fbk.jpg

Josh, are these your speakers?

If so, you've come a long way from the Dynaudios! (If I could afford them, I'd buy them back!)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • TEAforONE wrote: »
    4wk22ipvmm9m.jpeg
    Here’s another picture of my system with the Nola Boxer 2’s set up. Playing with speaker placement. Again.

Sweet setup!
  • Thanks Muchieman!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • joecoulson
    Ok!
    I just figured out what the new thing on the way was Josh. Congrats! Do you like?
    New setup pic?
  • Muchieman wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    4wk22ipvmm9m.jpeg
    Here’s another picture of my system with the Nola Boxer 2’s set up. Playing with speaker placement. Again.

Sweet setup!

Done up right to! Got the room treatments clean look!

4wk22ipvmm9m.jpeg

I hit the wrong post, anyways just did a look see at your profile pic, very sweet ride! Man You living the dream brother! Roll on! and rock out Brother! Very nice indeed!

• Muchieman wrote: »
    4wk22ipvmm9m.jpeg

I hit the wrong post, anyways just did a look see at your profile pic, very sweet ride! Man You living the dream brother! Roll on! and rock out Brother! Very nice indeed!

Thanks again! Remember,there's only so much $h!t you can fit in the box you get planted in!
    See my profile for list of gear.
    Muchieman wrote: »
    4wk22ipvmm9m.jpeg

Thanks again! Remember,there's only so much $h!t you can fit in the box you get planted in!

Yes indeed! Funny you mention that, was at my youngest Sons home this afternoon, told him I was looking into get me a bike, told him after all the EX,s done went threw my money 💰 for years that ole Dad was looking into a bike and hooking up with a 20 something lil lady. Can’t take it with you just as soon have to most fun!
  • joecoulson
    Ok!
    I just figured out what the new thing on the way was Josh. Congrats! Do you like?
    New setup pic?

@Nightfall keep me hangin....
  • joecoulson
    Ok cool. Good talk.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2019
    Ok!
    New setup pic?

@Nightfall keep me hangin....
    Ok cool. Good talk.

Do you hear dead people too? >:)

And let me guess what your favorite Xmas carol is....

"Do You Hear What I Hear?"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Seems your having a convo with yourself...just bust in’ your chops🤓
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    edited December 2019
    Oh. Sorry been up too long. Yes I was because I felt that I needed some response to my multiple unanswered queries. C’ést la vie
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    *Clears throat*

Mo' Pic's - Di's Tread - r'Quested Plz...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~