Finally... I’m student loan free

Options
2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited January 2019
    Options
    These have your name written all over them Joey. I could never have something like these(unless you adopt me :p;)) but at least I can live vicariously through your additions...

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9bach-mbl-9008a-solid-state

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited January 2019
    Options
    These have your name written all over them Joey. I could never have something like these(unless you adopt me :p;)) but at least I can live vicariously through your additions...

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9bach-mbl-9008a-solid-state

Haha

His name is Eric, he’s part of our audiophile group.

And no, I think my kids’ piano supersedes my own audio interests for now.

Never thought a Yamaha baby grand would cost more than the dual Gothams I was so envious about... it’s not even a Steinway.

Figured I could start them off with the baby grand - and especially with the player I could enjoy some actual instrument tunes rather than listen to speakers. And then if one of them really takes to it and really wants a nice piano then maybe I can entertain a Steinway or the larger 7’6” Yamaha CX7 (with piano player of course ;) ).
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Save yourself 70% and get a gently used one... then do the same for the Gotham’s... two birds, one wad of cash. :pB)o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Save yourself 70% and get a gently used one... then do the same for the Gotham’s... two birds, one wad of cash. :pB)o:)

Can’t. No one has the full player set up with silent. I tried.

Atleast I’ll get full trade in in the future.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • MrSandman89
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! Was it as hard as you say? The point is - I want to take a loan for the same reason, but I don't know if it's a good idea. Maybe I don't need to be studied at all, LOL. One of my friends told me about those guys https://credit-10.com/za/konga-loans/. He says, that they give a good loan with a low rate (about 3% or something). What can go wrong? Share your experience with me. Maybe I should go to the bank with this? Or loan organization, which my friend told about is not so bad?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    Sucketh you do.

Off you should f*ck.

v3spt7tbier8.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Russ will give you a loan you will never forget
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Congratulation Joey. nice to see.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Been a while since I've paid mine off, but it was a great feeling. And, just a few years back, all of my kids student loans have been paid off as well (by the Mrs and I of course).
    That too was a time of great joy! :smile:
    Congrats Joey!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,694
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Congrats on being 1 of the 45 million people to exit the student debt club.
    It's difficult to judge a person's tone over these nets, but somehow I can sense a definite bitterness to Viking's post.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Congrats, that's huge!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    Options
    Pretty sure viking is talking to the spammer
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Viking64
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Congrats on being 1 of the 45 million people to exit the student debt club.
    It's difficult to judge a person's tone over these nets, but somehow I can sense a definite bitterness to Viking's post.

When I respond to spammers, I don't quote them directly, because if their post ever gets deleted, it is possible that my post with the quote might not be noticed by the mod and the link in their quote would remain.

Plus, if I was responding to Joey, I would have used a picture of a pug wearing ridiculous shorts!

e1s3jfp6m40z.jpg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Can't forget his trademark flip flops either! :smile:
    9g86ku1cst25.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Can't forget his trademark flip flops either! :smile:
    9g86ku1cst25.png

Only if they are more than $10,000. :p
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Hopefully you are also mortgage free, along with no car loan, or any other debt.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Been a while since I've paid mine off, but it was a great feeling. And, just a few years back, all of my kids student loans have been paid off as well (by the Mrs and I of course).
    That too was a time of great joy! :smile:
    Congrats Joey!
    I hope your kids thank you all the time. Everytime I talk to friends who's parents pay for their school, I tell them to call their parents and say thank you immediately.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Hopefully you are also mortgage free, along with no car loan, or any other debt.

Not yet
    Only 37
    Paying off my moms house and mine.
    That’s all that’s left.
  • blackd1
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, friend! Taking a loan is a very serious and important thing, and we should be very careful with it. It can cause a lot of problems, if you don't have a good financial education. You did a great job by paying for this student loan. I have recently taken a loan from https://foxycredit.com/no/, and it's very difficult to pay for it, so I know what I am talking about. It's really good that you are loan free, I am happy for you.