This is Exciting... Garth Brooks on Vinyl.

Just found out about this, and ordered from Amazon. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.. I already have the first 5 releases on vinyl, but these should be a big step up from the old ones.

https://garthbrooks.com/music/legacy-collection
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Comments

• These are on Amazon now? My gf ordered hers with the custom numbering ages ago and I don't believe it's shipped yet. Long delay for some numbering.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,823
    Well, I should be listening to this now, but Amazon dropped the ball and failed to deliver. I cancelled the order and will go to Best Buy tomorrow.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    edited December 2019
    These are on sale at Amazon right now at great prices.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/0efe6ddb/ref=gbps_rlm_m-6_580e_0efe6ddb?showVariations=true&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=fd60acfe-a118-4915-9de7-532bf3d0580e&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5550342011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=3SG6Y39NDR5R3KB4N5X9

I want the original analog regular set and it's only $29.99, but I don't know if I'll order it or not. I am disappointed that his debut album (his best IMO and my favorite) and Ropin' The Wind are not included, and I have zero desire for the triple live LP.

I'm sure at some point he'll release another box set with the rest of his studio albums. Probably at a later date he'll also release a box set with his entire studio albums in one box and that's my preference, as I'd rather have them all in one box in chronological order.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,307
    I ordered from the original release on talkshoplive. It seemed like these would be a limited edition release but 100 bucks got me all theee versions of the release (analog, digitally remastered, and the limited edition one). They sound great, but the deception about them being “limited editions” is a bit frustrating. I have the numbered ones but having a true limited release would have been cool
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

Yeah it's a bit confusing with all the different versions and numbered editions. :|

I've seen where many are criticizing Garth, saying he's only trying to surpass The Beatles record sales. Maybe he is, I don't know or care really.

But I like Garth and his music, especially his first few albums. I probably won't order any of the current sets, because like I said earlier I want all his studio albums in one box.

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,823
    One thing I don’t like is the marketing for this set says first time on vinyl, but that is completely untrue. I have the first 5 of his releases on vinyl. The first one was released the old fashioned way, while the next two were Columbia Record Club exclusives. The 4th and 5th ones were only available from South Korea and Brazil respectively.

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,169
    edited December 2019
    I'm sure they mean as a box set on 180 gram vinyl John. I almost bought this on best buys website for $50 bucks, but pulled the trigger on a new Laptop and Chrome book instead, but only because I already have most of his albums already on Vinyl or CD.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    edited December 2019
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I'm sure they mean as a box set on 180 gram vinyl John. I almost bought this on best buys website for $50 bucks, but pulled the trigger on a new Laptop and Chrome book instead, but only because I already have most of his albums already on Vinyl or CD.

To make it even more confusing, if I remember correctly the lower cost sets are 140g vinyl, and the more expensive ones are 180g. :|

Yep, as you can see in the listings on Best Buys website, some are 140g and some on 180g.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/garth-brooks-legacy-collection

edited December 2019
    I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

That, and having just came back in from scraping 1/4" of ice off my car's windshield..

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,802
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk