Christmas lights.

Options
This was 2017. I have seen many setups but this one left an impact. Truly keeping up with the Griswolds Christmas. Haha. I don’t think I could ever match this.

I love Xmas. And time with family. Share your moments.

https://youtu.be/XytI7VktKPk

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Including the food fights?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Including the food fights?

Tom

Don’t know my man. I don’t think there were any flood lights. This one blew my mind. Insane but love it.

• halen
    Options
    That is funny. I read your comment completely wrong. Lol.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Here in New England, we're kinda duty bound to go with a certain, simple motif.

16069195716_ab4e1c2d37_h.jpgDSC_9880 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Not a 2019 photo; we don't decorate 'til the Friday after Thanksgiving... even when Thanksgiving is very late (as it is this year). :p
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Christmas minimalist here.
    No gifts either. Sorry retailers.
    a lot of Americans haven't paid off last year's bill.
    Charitable donations are however just fine in my book.
    That's the spirit of Christmas, not putting Walmart in the black.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Our lights are up, our tree is up but not yet decorated. We will be doing this by the end of the week as the Santa Parade is Saturday which is also the day the Elves on the shelf arrive. They come in with Santa from the North Pole.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Not a 2019 photo; we don't decorate 'til the Friday after Thanksgiving... even when Thanksgiving is very late (as it is this year). :p

Ah, nothing says Christmas like the warm (LED bulb) glow of a candle. :p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    B&W photo... they look considerably warmer in colo(u)r. :)
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Very nice show halen. We already put our lights and tree up. Better in 65* than 25-35* temps.
    Have you heard Christmas lights are like Jeffery Epstein?
    They don't hang themselves.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • MrSandman89
    Options
    Oh. I saw this post and it reminded me about one thing - I need to buy new Christmas lights. 10q
  • halen
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Well. Been taking my little ones to Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc and was very tempted to get lights. Over the weekend Target had a sale on their Phillips LED XMAS lights. Each spool was around 78 feet, C9, for $28.. I put several of the spoils into my cart but the whole time something was bothering me.

I reached out to many people that offer to put up Xmas lights and supply the lights as well. First year, I buy the lights plus their labor. After that, they would come out and pay just for labor.

There was a huge difference in price. Several quoted around $700 to do my entire house, front, sides and back. Whereas two others quoted me $1400 just for my front. The thing that got me really thinking was this... the higher priced quotes were for commercial grade LED lights.

So I removed the Xmas lights from Target. Went home. Drink some beers, always beer involved. Haha. Now. I have zero experience with Xmas lights. After much researching, I decided to buy commercial grade led lights. Not sure if they are commercial grade, not sure if they are really brighter, not sure if they are any better. Not sure if I got ripped off either.

I ended up buying 200 feet of Opticore LED C9 bulbs with SMD (surface mount diode) technology.

I will probably feel like a dumb **** if I found out these are not much different from the ones at the big box stores. Color saturation/density, brightness, quality and price. I do know these are run in parallel and 18 gauge. Or is it serial? One bulb goes out the rest stays on.

Well they came in today. I still don’t know if these are worth the money. I don’t have any experience. I did expect the gauge to be like my Kimber Kable 8TC, but alas. Boy was I wrong. Lol.

hcnhz3a6j0po.jpeg
    io2dnsysaz7v.jpeg
    jqxo7o2vb44c.jpeg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    edited November 2019
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ah, nothing says Christmas like the warm (LED bulb) glow of a candle. :p
    Indeed, I prefer the additional warmth of real candles used in window sills. Something in the way they light up the drapes. You only get to experience it once, but it’s worth it.
    halen wrote: »
    Well they came in today. I still don’t know if these are worth the money.
    io2dnsysaz7v.jpeg
    But they sure look gummi-licious!
    I disabled signatures.