Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300 integrated amp

I may regret this one but up for sale is my Musical Fidelity TriVista 300 integrated amplifier. As many of you know, this is a wonderfully musical sounding piece with plenty of power for whatever speakers you have. Rated for 350 wpc@8ohm and 600@4ohm and I believe peak current is 96 amperes. Cosmetically rated a 7 or 8 out of 10 due to age and a couple small scuffs on the front of the power supply faceplate. Functionally rated a 10 as everything functions just as it should.

This was a customer trade in that I purchased from Cary Audio about 6 months ago where it was serviced while in their possession before I purchased it so rest assure that everything is up to par on it. I have the boxes, manuals, remote, and all of the cables that came with it when new.

I’m listing here for a polkie price of $2000 for a week or so before posting it elsewhere for a little higher price.
I’m located in Maryland zip 21921. I’d be willing to drive a little ways to get this delivered to the right person. Shipping may be an option, but wouldn’t be cheap as there are two separate boxes with one at about 80lbs and the other at 50lbs or so.

6sxgt8l70251.jpeg
pobk21i6pouu.jpeg
xvr0gnwze1b7.jpeg
brqsglubagfu.jpeg
9q4t311wwpvw.jpeg
s3u29vyq39df.jpeg
sqdsen404dm3.jpeg

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    What are the dimensions?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I’ll have to check when I get home later. Do you want dimensions of both the main unit and the power supply as well?
  • VR3
    Yes please
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Also is the power cable 20 Amp or is it 20 Amp female to 15 Amp male
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2019
    Really big and not so big.

Roughly 19w x 6.5h x 19d and 14.5w x 6.5h x 11d

20 Amp female to 15 Amp male. Run it on a dedicated 20 amp line for the best results.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gerres26
    F1nut wrote: »
    Really big and not so big.

Roughly 19w x 6.5h x 19d and 14.5w x 6.5h x 11d

That sounds about right. And I know it is a 20 amp plug on the amp side and a normal plug(guessing) 15 amp on the wall side...Jesse may be able to answer it better lol
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Sexy beast!
    GLWTS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice amp here kids, really nice. Good luck with the sale.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gerres26
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nice amp here kids, really nice. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Tony
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Pure audio ****. Great piece at a great price......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    This has my credit card fingers itching. Must...resist...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    The struggle is real...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    For sure, it has that rare magical sound quality.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    It's rare that so many heavy hitters comment on hitting a piece of...

Question is...

Who will bite?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    I'd like to say I'm in line at the moment pending negotiations, I think it's down to picking up or shipping. With my time constraints I'd like to avoid dedicating a day to driving to and from, but at the end of the day will be worth it.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    That separate power supply is pretty cool. I don't think I've seen that on an integrated before.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • treitz3
    Call in sick or.....damn. I have an "emergency" VRTree.

$28 in gas for you both ways and a call in to work (which NEVER happens?)

You are golden.

TR2
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    I foresee a tray heading North sometime soon.....

Not your average cafeteria tray.

Tom
  • F1nut
    That separate power supply is pretty cool. I don't think I've seen that on an integrated before.

MF made what are called super integrated amps with separate power supplies. It started with the Nu-Vista M3, then the Tri-Vista 300 and finally the kW500. Their current TOTL integrated is the Nu-Vista 800, but it's a one box design.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Trey should snag this, he already has the tri-vista dac. A dream piece for many just a decade ago. Go get it Trey, ya filthy animal. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Drive! Go get it Trey. You already have the Tri-Vista DAC.

The MF's sound so good. Tom, I hope you are pushing him.

BlueBirdMusic
  • Wow!! That's all I can say,WOW!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Awesome piece of equipment. If I needed it I would not hesitate.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Gerres26
    As of now @VR3 has first dibs on this. We’re just trying to work out the logistics.

Danny
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

MF made what are called super integrated amps with separate power supplies. It started with the Nu-Vista M3, then the Tri-Vista 300 and finally the kW500. Their current TOTL integrated is the Nu-Vista 800, but it's a one box design.

Don't forget the KW750. It was a beast 750@8ohm 1100@4ohm.
  • treitz3
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Tom
  • VR3
    Exciting stuff, will be very curious to put this up against the pass labs
  • F1nut
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Don't forget the KW750. It was a beast 750@8ohm 1100@4ohm.

That was a power amp.

President of Club Polk