What are some of the funniest song lyrics you've heard?

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    speaking of Satan :)

https://youtu.be/-HLF9a1UF6Y

So many wry ditties from those guys.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Can't leave out the late, great Victor Borge!
    Comedy in Music
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Or Tom Lehrer, for that matter.
  • mhardy6647
    Someone mentioned Jim Stafford earlier -- I always liked his characteristically askew take on the classic Wildwood Flower.

https://youtu.be/xyjlxIcu8AM
  • Viking64
    I have only heard Jim Stafford's "Wildwood Weed" and "My Girl Bill" on Rhino's "Super Hits of the 70s" CD collection. But I vividly remember his "Spiders and Snakes".

Please excuse the creepiness of the intro by creepy creeper Jimmy Savile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRJUAaQ2WU
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Some people call me the space cowboy yeah
    Some call me the gangster of love
    Some people call me Maurice
    'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

What the heck is "pompitous." Evidently non one knows including Steve :smile:
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    edited August 2018
    One More...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhphrmKdsg

Big Bottom

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
    That's what I said
    The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
    Or, so I've read.
    My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
    I love to sink her with my pink torpedo.

Big bottom
    Big bottom
    Talk about bum cakes
    My gal's got 'em.
    Big bottom
    Drive me out of my mind.
    How can I leave this behind?

I saw her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
    You know what I mean.
    I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
    You know what I mean.
    SPINAL TAP
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    The Tubes - Talk to Ya Later!

I met her on a strip
    It was another lost weekend
    The band was too slick
    And the people were twisted
    So I asked her for a date
    She reluctantly agreed
    Then we went to my place
    And she never did leave

She won't even miss me when she's gone
    And that's okay with me I'll cry later on

It's been six months
    She hasn't shut up once
    I've tried to explain
    She's driving me insane

She won't even miss me when she's gone
    And that's okay with me I'll cry later on

Talk to ya later, don't want to hear it again tonight
    Talk to ya later, just save it for another guy
    Talk to ya later, don't want to hear it again tonight
    I'll just see you around

Get out
    I'm telling you now
    Do you catch my drift
    What could be plainer than this
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Viking64
    Hey Dave! When I first saw this thread, the two songs that immediately came to mind were "Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash and "The Winner" by Bobby Bare.

It turns out that they were both written by Shel Silverstein, who had written a few songs for Dr. Hook, as well as many others.

"The Winner" is about a guy in a bar that challenges a brawling legend to a fight. The lyrics are included with the video on YouTube. Here is one of my favorites:

"He said now you see these bright white smilin' teeth you know they ain't my own
    Mine rolled away like Chicklets down the street in San Antone" :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWlnv0_svU
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    How about Jim Stafford "Your Bulldog drinks Champagne"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hqz-AUZqQ
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2018
    Anything by Steel Panther.

Edit: I was just watching some YouTube music videos of these guys because it's been a while and I feel like I should say don't watch any of them if you're easily offended. Especially the video that starts with the word Glory.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    You know... this thread is a good excuse to mention that a Roger Miller tribute album recently came out. :)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/roger-miller-tribute-kacey-musgraves-huey-lewis-718163/

Miller was an extremely fast living songwriter/singer who wrote some good ones. His tongue was almost always lodged very firmly in his cheek, too -- at least metaphorically speaking. :)

84vnlicv7kni.png

https://youtu.be/skFWsc_-i14

This Dada-esque ditty was, according to his son, thus inspired:
    SIMON: So a song would come into his mind or a phrase?

D. MILLER: You know, he would - he told me one story - I mean, I have a million of these stories - but with the song called "You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd," he was looking at magazines on an airplane, and there was an ad for Kodak film and it had a picture of a guy piggybacking a child and changing what were, at that time, the new cartridges into these film cameras. And the ad said, now you can change film with a kid on your back. And then my dad started the whole song backwards from that. You can't change film with a kid on your back, you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, you can't take a shower in a parakeet cage.
    source:
    https://www.npr.org/2018/09/01/643921998/musicians-honor-roger-miller
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    geeksrider wrote: »

That's not very funny. Who sings about that anyway?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Loudon Wainwright III: Dead Skunk
    https://youtu.be/Uu5hzc2Mei4
    We listened to this as kids on a 45.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    TOOL, Invincible: "Caligula would grin"

A lot of the Puscifer stuff is bizarre:
    https://youtu.be/Ai7fiO6RUIM
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    edited November 2019
    Offensive language (to some) alert
    https://youtu.be/6-kjUWcr7d4
  • Apparently the most offensive song currently - so much so that John Legend had to re-write the lyrics... double face-palm.

https://youtu.be/7MFJ7ie_yGU
    Too much gear, too little time....
  • We had some hilarious songs in my fraternity -- but I cannot put the lyrics on this thread! :)
    AKA "Moose68Bash" before Vanilla involuntarily decommissioned my original handle.