Monitor 7c polyswitch removal, jumper?

Hi polkertons, I'm about to do my 7c crossover upgrade. Got my Sonicaps and Mills (2.5ohm MRA12). The polyswitch is going to be removed as recommended, but can you please help me with two things?

1) What "jumper" should I use, exactly? Can anyone include a link of their recommendation?

2) What is best practice for installing/soldering it?

If anyone has any good example pictures of a good jumper install (before/after, topside/underside) I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    just use a short piece of good quality wire.
    No need to overthink it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    The polyswitch should be replaced with a 0.5ohm resistor to compensate for the resistance of the polyswitch otherwise the treble will be brighter than it should.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony, braided or solid core make any difference? Otherwise I get it, thanks.

F1, I have 2.5 ohm resistors, so as to compensate for the .5 ohm polyswitch. Thanks
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Ok, good deal. To make a jumper simply use a piece of snipped off excess from one of the cap or resistor leads.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk