FS... 2011 Mercedes C300 for 5500.00!!!

Options
That's right ladies and gents. I am selling the wife's Mercedes C300 for just $5500.00

It is black over tan interior and has 97000 miles on the odometer. The car is in great shape, runs strong and has had all the work done by the dealership since she purchased it in the fall of 2011 as a certified car. Has good brakes, new tires and 2K spent in recent work, including replacing the ABS control module. PM me with any questions or your phone number and we can talk. It is a great car for every day or a first car for a new driver.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow after I give it a wash.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Just to add... I am open to offers and the price is not set in stone.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Wrong coast for me, but that seems like a very reasonable price.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Might be interested John, put up some pics soon.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    zpakwczzlqh4.jpeg
    1bz8gsh9mh79.jpeg
    qi5j8s9s2dqj.jpeg
    hcxsw7nzvej0.jpeg
    uaizx5kb1r8b.jpeg
    f1q16umrc5d1.jpeg
    bymys1wwzavs.jpeg
    9kwxx0zrvg33.jpeg
    sklz6s7as2wx.jpeg
    um43cq0lltoc.jpeg
    16sbub9i7h3x.jpeg

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,041
    Options
    That's a really nice ride for the money!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Thanks... we really tried to take good care of it. I have all service records available. All it really needs is to repair the seat cover and a nice detailing.

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,929
    Options
    This would be sold if I was in the market!

One of our cars is an 06 (07 model year) from the previous generation. 13 y/o in August, 138K miles. It is equipped with the exact same engine.

It also has the MB-Tex seats. We were in a hurry to purchase and couldn’t find any with leather and our preferred options at the time. Many owners actually prefer MB-Tex to leather.

Ours developed a similar small tear in the driver’s seat last year. The OEM bottom seat cover is available separately directly from MBZ. I don’t remember the cost, but I’ll check if anyone wants to know. Ours may have been more expensive anyway (it included a heating element for the seat embedded in the cover itself). It’s totally possible, though. It probably cost less than $400 in total. We used our MBZ specialized mechanic, who removed the seat and sent it to a nearby upholsterer for fitting. There is NO difference between the original 13 y/o MB Tex and the new bottom cover.

Having all the service history, and knowing the car was well maintained is a huge bonus, and the price sounds like it must be 2-3K below market IME.
    Alea jacta est!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,514
    Options
    I checked our local Craigslist when you posted this and the prices were ALL higher, including for some private sellers with higher mileage cars. If I had not been the “Customer of the Week” recently at my local independent BMW/Mercedes/Mini service center, I’d be looking at a one way ticket to SoCal. This is one of their best looking cars of that period. Good luck with the sale!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys... there are a couple lower priced locally, but they are higher miles or salvage titles.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I am getting local interest from Craigslist... I don’t expect it to last the weekend.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    I am getting local interest from Craigslist... I don’t expect it to last the weekend.

Better give the cops a up front call just in case John. Just tell them you are the one with the CD player they'll understand.......LOL
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited November 2019
    Options

Looks like you rolled back the odometer in the craigslist add, at least in the body of the add. It reads 67,000 miles instead of 97,000.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Fixed... thanks for pointing that out. I have it listed for 850.00 more there than I do here.

• krazypolk
    Options
    Fixed... thanks for pointing that out. I have it listed for 850.00 more there than I do here.

Sort of like a Polkie discount, nice move on your part John. Very nice car, too nice for me. You'll sell it in no time.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Polkies always come first. I felt this car was nice enough to stay in the family.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    @mlistens03 Good first car for you Micah!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Good luck with the sale, shouldn't have any problem moving it in this shape and price. Bummer about the seat, I remember a time when you couldn't tear their seats up if you tried. That Tex was impervious.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nice ride for the money for sure. Someone local should snag it, I was hoping it was a 4wd model. Then it registered where John lives, compared to where I do.

BTW John, has the timing belt been changed yet ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Kex
    Options
    It’s not a belt. It’s a chain. Mine has 137K miles and still doesn’t need replacement.
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    This one is a chain...

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    The first person to see the car bought it on sight... it is in a new driveway tonight.

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,514
    Options
    Congrats! It showed well.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »

Sort of like a Polkie discount, nice move on your part John. Very nice car, too nice for me. You'll sell it in no time.

Told you so.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Congrats. It is a good looking car at a great price. Not surprised at all that it moved fast.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Yeah, that wasn't a hard sell.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Congrats John!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,445
    Options
    I was gonna buy this, but it didn't have enough sand and sunscreen in it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    Options
    Great job John! That car deserved a good home with an appreciative owner.

If they take care of it and steer clear of fast lube places like Jiffy Lube (or independent mechanics who don’t know what they’re doing), they could add another ten years and 100K. So many people think that since a car is “only” worth 6K or less, that there’s no point in spending any money on maintenance. What they often fail to realize is that car is saving them from monthly car payments of $300+ for a base model Toyota Corolla AND a $2,000 down payment. That’s $3.6K a year for five years, plus the down payment, so this car was the same cost as the first year of Corolla ownership!
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Agreed. That is why we buy CPO, and the current one has unlimited miles on the warranty with a car payment that is half of what a new one would have been.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @mlistens03 Good first car for you Micah!

It definitely would have! But it was on the wrong coast, unfortunately. And I already have a Volvo. :)

Congrats on the quick sale John!