6.5 HP of TERROR

196 cc of trail ripping stupidness :D

Although I about hit a tree and almost ran over the dog, lots of fun... B)

5stqtoeytcye.jpg

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very cool! I had a mini-bike from Sears back in the day! And I survived! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Check out the Honda Grom. Pretty cool looking mini bike.

jwfkepaufjd8.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    dfvhzo8vn396.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Nightfall wrote: »
    dfvhzo8vn396.jpg

Honda's built much better I'm sure.

Was at Sams club getting some Christmas shopping done, saw the lil bugger for $449.00, had to pull the trigger on it.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2019
    When I was about 12, a friend had this Boonie bike. Picture is from the web. I never got to ride it but I loved the looks of it! I think every male kid or man needs to ride a 2 wheeler of one form or another! Even females too!
    mdd5wwcdw9bm.png

Fast forward to my age of 16 or 17. I met a guy who let me ride his dirt bike. Small but powerful. There was a trail near our homes. We, about 5 of us, would time our laps for bragging rights. There were curves and turns and a jump after a turn at the end. I hauled a** and at the jump, I guned it too soon. I flew through the air...right into an oak tree I think it was, on the side of where you're supposed to land. I hit the trunk of that tree with the left side of the handle bar with the wheels being about 6' off the ground and me doing about 25mph and the bike and me went to the side of the trunk after hitting it. The bike and me escaped damage somehow. No damage at all. :o:)

A little slower, it would've been a direct hit! :s

All the guys said it was something to behold. :#

Like one of those "here, hold my beer" moments for sure.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited November 2019
    In the early 1970's I had a skiff with oars & hauled old wooden lobstah traps by hand & saved money for a Honda 50. It had headlight & place to put license plate. It was red. I think it even had blinkers too iirc. Had fun on that. OP I bought one just like that for Rebecca when she was a teen. Lots of fun. I could even use it. It was a step up from the battery operated dirt bike she had before. My son is a motorcycle rider too. Its family fun... Enjoy that & be safe
    Randy/Maine
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    These were made here in Omaha in the mid 60's. Very bare-bones, but were ton's 'o fun!

jreff5hfejq8.jpg

http://jleibovitch.tripod.com/id312.htm

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    When I was about 12, a friend had this Boonie bike. Picture is from the web. I never got to ride it but I loved the looks of it! I think every male kid or man needs to ride a 2 wheeler of one form or another! Even females too!
    mdd5wwcdw9bm.png

Fast forward to my age of 16 or 17. I met a guy who let me ride his dirt bike. Small but powerful. There was a trail near our homes. We, about 5 of us, would time our laps for bragging rights. There were curves and turns and a jump after a turn at the end. I hauled a** and at the jump, I guned it too soon. I flew through the air...right into an oak tree I think it was, on the side of where you're supposed to land. I hit the trunk of that tree with the left side of the handle bar with the wheels being about 6' off the ground and me doing about 25mph and the bike and me went to the side of the trunk after hitting it. The bike and me escaped damage somehow. No damage at all. :o:)

Thank goodness you weren't wearing a helmet! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • oldrocker
    Tony M wrote: »
    mdd5wwcdw9bm.png

That drive chain design brings back memories when I had a paper route.
    I remember the clutch chain being on one side and the drive chain on the other side.

I delivered a lot of newspapers in horrible IN weather :s to buy it B) was the cool kid in town for a while.

Funny how all the great niece's and nephews now call me their favorite uncle again, since I filled in our pool earlier this year..... :o
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited November 2019
    Mini-bikes were all the rage when I was a kid. Still got a scar from trying to jump a chain-link fence when the ramp collapsed. If you couldn't get your mini-bike to do 40-50 mph, you were considered slow and not cool enough. Like all boys, we thought of ourselves as a cross between mini He lls Angels and Evil Knievel. Good times...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    I'd guess it goes 25-28 mph. Throttle cable can be tweaked a bit to get more.

Meh, good enough for the kids. Should have bought all 3 they had on sale.

Although????

Harbor Freight sells the Predator engines.
    8 HP 301cc and a 13 HP 420 cc for not much coin.

Did consider the RZR RS1 single seater, tough to fit in and for 15k, nope.

For that much I could get 2 sets of new big boy Polks... :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Pop the governor pal, and that bike should easily do over 40 mph.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2019
    Is it a single speed/gear?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • oldrocker
    Single speed centrifugal clutch.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I always wanted a mini-bike, but when I was 12, a nasty spill on a plain 'ol two wheeler took care of that as far as my parents were concerned... broke my femur in half and spent 18 weeks out of action :(
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Past experience tells me that with those small wheels 40mph seems like a lot more and is almost scary. There's very little gyroscopic effect to keep it stable unlike a full sized bike.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,479
    Is that a beatlet?
    Is that you doc?