Parting Out LSi Speakers

I have some LSi speakers that I got and the cabinets are in very rough shape. Seems I'd be better off selling the drivers separately. All prices include shipping to CONUS unless otherwise noted.

Mid woofers for LSi9, LSi7, LSiC, LSi15, LSi25, LSi-F/X (MW5534-1) - $50 each
Ring radiator tweeters for all LSi models - $45 each
Grills for LSiF/X - $10 each PLUS actual shipping
Crossovers for LSiF/X - $25 each
Powerports - $15 each

Also have a nice LSiC (complete) that I'd sell for $145 shipped.

Also have a very nice pair of LSiF/X surrounds for sale in the FM that I'll sell for $290 shipped. See them here:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/183104/lsi-f-x#latest

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Bump.

Just want to reiterate that shipping is included in all prices except the grills. If anyone wants more than one of anything or multiple items, I'll combine shipping and knock the price down a bit.
  • Interested in the LSiC. I have LSi7's for my fronts and this would match nicely. As long as the extra load on the denon x4000 would be ok?
  • scubalab
    I just looked up your receiver and it looks like quite a nice AVR. Generally 4 ohm speakers put more of a draw than most AVRs can handle. The LSi7s are rated at 4 ohms, but are more like a 6 ohm speaker. The LSiC is a 4 ohm speaker.

I definitely agree that the LSiC would be a great match for your 7s for a matched front 3 soundstage. You may be able to drive the three with your receiver, however, you’d be better off adding a separate amp since your Denon has Pre-outs.

I went from an AVR to a preamp and amplifier and it was one of the best improvements I made in our HT.

Don’t know if that helps or not...
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Interested in the LSiC. I have LSi7's for my fronts and this would match nicely. As long as the extra load on the denon x4000 would be ok?

Honestly the 7s are a pretty easy load. The LSiC isn’t going to put you over the edge. Would a separate amp sound better? Yes, but you will be able to enjoy what you have...I drove three LSi7s with a lesser avr and it sounded great to me at the time...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    @mlistens03 needs to get that center channel
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    joecoulson wrote: »
    mlistens03 needs to get that center channel

I certainly would, but I'm already selling the LSis. :/ Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • I'll take the LSiC. I see a 3 channel amp in my future though. It was this or a CSI A6 and switch to the RTI series
  • scubalab
    Sale pending on the LSiC.

Drivers, tweeters, x-overs, powerports, grills still available.
  • I'm actually looking for a pair in rough shape if selling them hole is an option let me know price shipping to 46176
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hello from another Indiana Polkie @zippty2001
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    @zippty2001 - whatcha looking for? I have a pair of LSi9s, 2 pair of LSi-f/x and 2 LSiCs. I sold the good pair of f/x’s and the good LSiC already. The remaining f/x pair, C, and 9s are the ones in “not so great” shape.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Hello from another Indiana Polkie @zippty2001

Cripes! They're multiplying up there!
  • Ok how much for the set of 9 shipped.
  • scubalab
    dbryant wrote: »
    I need two woofers

PM incoming.
  • scubalab
    Two MW5534 woofers shipped today. Still have at least two left. $50 each shipped.

75zhcmuzqttk.jpeg
    ysc94qswg6ct.jpeg

Four ring radiator tweeters available. $45 each shipped.

dwhy3qnyo5qs.jpeg
    7bg2buddft6o.jpeg

Crossovers and power ports available for LSi-f/x speakers. Open to offers on these.

I’m likely going to keep the LSi9’s. I enjoy them too much while working in the garage.

Still have a pretty nice LSiC - $150 shipped.

l0sq7ppb7jny.jpeg
    bls1b3sl4kg5.jpeg
    agsp1bc9y58t.jpeg
    i6jrbix5cbkh.jpeg
    nnz9cqg0o6xe.jpeg
    9b5hf95sk4ht.jpeg
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I've found a car care product called Meguiars PlastX works well for removing swirls from the shiny finish. It's a soft polish for plastic and is only $6 or so. Figured I'd post this here in case anyone was worried the top of the LsiC is too swirly.
  • scubalab
    Bump - Still available:

2 woofers ($50.00 each shipped)
    4 ring radiator tweeters ($45.00 each shipped)
    1 LSiC center speaker ($150.00 shipped!!!)
  • scubalab
    Sale pending in the LSiC B)
  • scubalab
    Alright... the LSiC is back up for sale. Was holding for a buyer, but he forgot about it and went in another direction.

Let's say $140 shipped.

Also still have 2 LSi woofers ($45 each shipped) and 4 ring radiator tweeters ($40 each shipped).

Will consider listing on eBay if no takers here.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I bought the last pair of LSi woofers that Polk had in stock quite some time ago and they said there'd be no more, so grab these while the going is good, never hurts to have some spares.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    dromunds wrote: »
    I bought the last pair of LSi woofers that Polk had in stock quite some time ago and they said there'd be no more, so grab these while the going is good, never hurts to have some spares.

Soon they will be going for bigger amounts, as they become harder to find.
  • _nerd
    _nerd Posts: 54
    -to the OP,

Do you have the LSi9 cabinets in stock? I am looking for one replacement power port that mounts onto the back of the cabinet.
  • scubalab
    I have some 9s, but decided to keep them intact and use for the garage. I do have the F/X cabinets. The power port might be the same. Let me check. I know the grills from the F/Xs are the same as the grills for the 9s...
  • _nerd
    _nerd Posts: 54
    Thanks for the fast reply, and for checking. One of my 9s has damage to the Power Port, I bought it that way here on the FS board. Doesn’t affect the sound.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @scubalab powerport is diff
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    Need to de-clutter the parts box! Bumping this old thread with new, lower prices. I still have many parts from the LSiF/X speakers I parted out. Still have:

2 MW5534 woofers - $45.00 each (shipped to CONUS)
    4 RD0517-1 ring radiator tweeters - $40.00 each (shipped to CONUS)
    4 PowerPort brackets - $5.00 each (PLUS actual shipping) or all 4 for $35.00 (shipped to CONUS)
    2 Crossover assemblies including all wiring, binding posts, binding post cups, and bipole/dipole switch (cut from cabinet... not sure how to remove the switch!) - $10.00 each (PLUS actual shipping) or both for $25.00 (shipped to CONUS)
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Do you happen to have the bases for the LSi15's?
    Or a grill for an LSi15?
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • scubalab
    No, unfortunately I don’t... These all came from the LSiF/X speakers that had a little cosmetic damage to the cabinets.