Shoutout to TonyB

So. Not long ago I reached out to Tony and informed I would be in town. I have never been to Chicago so Tony mentioned staying in River North. My new company is on Michigan Ave.

Perfect, I got a hotel about a mile away. Plan is to Uber everywhere.

Tony offered to pick me up from O’Hare, take me to check in at hotel... then the fun began

He took me around from the river to Lake Michigan. Along the way, we dined and drank at several places. The food was excellent. From Pasta to Pizza to drinks at a place that have these “heated pods” to good ol meats!

Thanks for Dinner Tony

Wonderful night and introduction to Chicago.

Thanks for everything Tony!!

Tonight, Am out roaming and sampling different meat joints. With each joint comes more intoxication. Fascinating place.

Pics coming,

Halen

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That is so cool! Nice job Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Way to represent Tony!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Awesome
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Who’s the old guy!!!!

Waaaaaa!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Tony is a mook.... Looka dat jacket will ya!

Good times! And you can't meet two better people. The food looks awesome!
  • I've always thought Tony was mellow and easy going; seems like a great new friend for you halen. Great pics!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Looks like nice weather. Chicago getting snow tonight or will it stay north and just rain down there?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    nice piccies! thanks for sharing them!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    edited October 2019
    I see Tony got you a bunch of wine in you, the pictures speak volumes.... Next time stand up :D:D:D

Tony is a stand up guy next time let him take the pictures
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Funny you guys....Pleasure to spend a little time with Halen and get to know the man better. Champ of a man he is. Starting to think he may be a Werewolf though. The guy has an insatiable appetite for meat.

That's why I left my jacket on, no way was I going to be on the menu. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2019
    I hear to just keep spiders and snakes in your pockets...
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Just made it to my next destination. Getting wasted rather quickly. Temps dropped. Maybe gonna do bottled wine here and call it the night. That is, get bottled wine back to hotel room.

Tony is a great man. What was even better was our conversations about various things.

Cheers!
  • halen
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I hear to just keep spiders and snakes in your pockets...

Hahahaha. The bane of my existence. It is not hearsay. When I see one first thing I grab is my 10mm.

Once again. Shout out to Tony. I am very happy to meet and spend time with him again. First time was at LSAF in Dallas. That man could hold his drinks.

Cheers again. Gonna take another stab at another steak.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    What a feller. Nice job Tony. B)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    Yep @halen @tonyb is a class act 100% and full of knowledge
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Halen is my Texas buddy, with a great family and very generous to hang out with and him and his wife can cook too.

I had a great time when Tony came down to LSAF...both are pillars of Polk people IMHO
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited October 2019
    Cool bro, behave....your in hot chick central. You should see that area on a Friday and Saturday. You should probably go back to the hotel room....know what I'm saying ? :D keep your meat eatin rear end out of trouble.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Right on Tony.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    i thought tonyb was a great guy until he showed me a picture i couldn't forget B)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I know nothing....

*walks away from conversation*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    Well. Made my rounds for tonight. The air is icy cold now. To me at least.

Cheers!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    What didn't you guys eat!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    F1nut wrote: »
    What didn't you guys eat!?!

Hope @lightman1 wasn't there...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Tony's good people!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Tony is one of the reasons I keep coming back to the fourn. Great guy and the real deal!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Tony's a good dude. Met him a few times myself and had a great time!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    halen wrote: »
    Well. Made my rounds for tonight. The air is icy cold now. To me at least.

Cheers!

We got frickin snow last night in Wisconsin. Now a freeze blast. Into the teens tonight. Oh joy.