Seas Thor pair + Odin center channel

DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,282
edited October 20 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
These feature the Millennium drivers from Seas and while these are a DIY kit, the fit and finish on this pair is quite exceptional. The Odin is a pre-built cabinet for this kit but the Thor cabinets are hand-built. The grills fit perfectly in line with the lines of the bottom part of the cabinet and feel quite sturdy. There are slight imperfections where the veneer did not quite line up (hand cut), but they are minor and to me at least, give the speakers a bit of character. He also fabricated some plates to seal the port on the rear in case you wanted or needed to put them near the front wall.

Asking $2,500 for the trio. If you wanted to build this trio, you'd be spending $2,700 on the drivers alone. The pics below really showcase the imperfections - they are nowhere near as noticeable in person. I had actually bought these to be a personal set for my bedroom but bigger expenses have reared their ugly head.

gq0lznri9qac.jpeg
frs1m58m6nzz.jpeg
l6y1cd2unddm.jpeg
kko5iu4zrd0d.jpeg
eidgiamryk4q.jpeg
cqsma6i956m2.jpeg

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,010
    How do they sound skip?
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,282
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    How do they sound skip?

I've never disliked a speaker utilizing these drivers. If I bought them to keep them for myself (which I did), you can bet they're delivering the sound.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,282
    edited October 20
    Forgot to say - I also have about a half dozen rubber surrounds for the woofers that I will include with the sale. One of them had a crease from the factory and they sent the original owner multiple replacements. He had the creased one replaced by a professional.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,506
    How much for the diapers?
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,506
    Dammit Johnny!
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,671
    edited October 20
    Nice! Those Seas Excel drivers seriously detailed. Nice opp for someone looking to upgrade their all-in-one system. Heck, a pair or Salk towers with the Excel drivers and RAAL ribbon tweets is $5K. Add $2K for a center channel!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 485
    I got to hear the Thors at Skip's place and they are killer. We tried them with a MasterSound Duventi and a Norma integrated. They were efficient enough to deliver great sound with the Mastersound, but the Norma gave them a truly shocking amount of slam. I was caught off guard.
    If I was able to move on these now I absolutely would have. I've thought about them since. Someone is going to get a great system with these.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,556
    The excel drivers are killer, true beast
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro