Played a CD tonight.

12346»

Comments

• muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,152
    Rhino is soon releasing the Warner albums in a 6 lp or cd set, remastered of course. My faves are his 1st 2 and they are worn out so I may be up for this.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • david1111david1111 Posts: 2
    dromunds wrote: »
    Ironically, I read somewhere that our society uses more paper than ever....

Yes, exactly the case. computers were supposed to eliminate the requirement for paper docs, but it had the exact opposite effect. We used/use more paper than ever. But the paper manufacturers certainly appreciate it.
    Not a big deal tho.

Dave
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,180
    LOL
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I have got lot's of stuff to share with my friends.
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,089
    You came to the wrong place, you have no friends here.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• newyearnewyear Posts: 1
    I probably haven’t listened to an entire album from start to finish since 1977. Since then and now, I still can sit down and listen to music for hours upon hours. Just not an entire album. I would not call this a short attention span.
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,516
    What were we talking about?

This brings up the question of concept Albums and/or
    LPs as a work of Art. <- Capital A
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,391
    This thread still going??? Those that disagree with me are wrong and need to start doing it correctly. Remind me again what we were talking about?
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,422
    kharp1 wrote: »
    This thread still going??? Those that disagree with me are wrong and need to start doing it correctly. Remind me again what we were talking about?

Effing A! (as it were)

Black paint. Black paint must be involved, too.
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,673
    In with 69....

...cds
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Polkaguy58Polkaguy58 Posts: 310
    I grew up in an era when the albums that I liked were concept records that the artists made to be listened to in order.
    Dark Side of The Moon, Sargent Pepper, Magician's Birthday were albums that I would want to hear in the order that they were arranged.
    My motorcycle's iHelmet that I made has a few hundred songs that I picked out personally and that I play in shuffle mode, knowing full well that I hand picked all my favorites, so there are no bad songs.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,713
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Effing A! (as it were)

Black paint. Black paint must be involved, too.

We are not talking about Vantablack are we?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e