ABT Electronics Audio Innovation Event 10/10/2019

https://www.abt.com/help/events/audio-innovation

Anyone hear about this or planning to attend?

Comments

• JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    Details:
    On October 10th, experts from more than 20 audio brands will gather at Abt for the Audio Innovation Event. They'll be putting on special demonstrations, answering technical questions, and giving you the chance to win a variety of great audio gear. There's no better way to shop for A/V equipment than trying it out in person, and this event is your chance to get up close with some of the hottest products on the market, while chatting with industry experts.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    That is the same day they are supposed to have the new Polk SDA's. I was thinking of going.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Strange, on ABT web site, it does not mention Polk but on Polk's listening event site, https://www.polkaudio.com/legend-listening-events , It says that's the day.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • I'm in deep internal debates on if I make the 3.5 hour one way trip to this event, on a workday, backing up to another workday lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    I'm in deep internal debates on if I make the 3.5 hour one way trip to this event, on a workday, backing up to another workday lol.....

if you do, I can get you the chromecast audio
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2019
    Here are some pictures from the event. They had a good turnout however that made it tough to really listen.

As far as the SDA's...great looking set and and I heard a little of the magic. However, they were in an open and noisy area so it's hard to give a good impression.
    So, the story on them goes....I guess they got shipped two RIGHT speakers. The Polk rep had to rewire one of the speakers. Who knows if they were in full glory or not????

kxe217gofbbo.jpg
    hb25pi7yj3qb.jpg
    5gyvymopdgbb.jpg
    w71nc33og3w5.jpg

The L100's sounded nice!
    b07eo9bdpxk2.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Which is why I chose to make the trip @DSkip. ;)
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    I must say, I went there to look at the budget active speakers from Edifier and SVS. Call me impressed. All thing considered.... It was noisy and I had kneel down on one knee to get my ears in the sweet spot. However, these are some nice sounding budget options. I'll have to go back and listen on a less busy day.
    ff15xxfrpvbx.jpg
    c85xqtdnntdu.jpg
    zaaaitb5n95e.jpg
    kze5vf6gc5ch.jpg
    ltu5y8vpcqy6.jpg
    gyqbhavhtnqr.jpg

These SVS active units with and without the sub were impressive for the money.
    z8qfcefp57mv.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    Here's the David Abt $480,899 home theater... that's right..they have a half Mil theater right there in the store!

n8v3htaf040v.jpg
    j7ys3qhignbv.jpg
    5a913gc4wfsh.jpg
    xb8yeuimkt5a.jpg
    a39w2h0k1da2.jpg
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    Here are the raffle prizes they gave away! I didn't win anything...
    uhpfb6k0mi7g.jpg

Other shots from the event!yaybsmdpevfz.jpg
    ctuevapzbm4t.jpg
    kqw9jxg7h23h.jpg

Yamaha has really stepped up their game. This stuff was being shown for the first time...straight from Japan. I was told that some of these units have been in development for years. This was a $40k system. It sounded pretty nice.
    4e44l8ruol1u.jpg

hvch9cs19i4u.jpg
    x7xsvqb4lht3.jpg
    7i0zjuizumqo.jpg
    wm389pu6fecl.jpg
    qv8trbpedjvs.jpg
  • erniejade
    Nice pics!! I knew I should have went.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Thank you for sharing.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
  • WLDock wrote: »
    dy665ayt247x.jpg
    h4647e5v0i77.jpg
    loxdeqnbicaq.jpg
    8uegaeg97wlb.jpg
    aaxj2v7dx205.jpg

WLDock, you have an "eye" for great audio pictures and scenery (Lexus).
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Really cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Great pictorial, what a display of gear, WOW!
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice Lexus!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice Lexus!
    WLDock wrote: »
    dy665ayt247x.jpg
    h4647e5v0i77.jpg
    loxdeqnbicaq.jpg
    8uegaeg97wlb.jpg
    aaxj2v7dx205.jpg

WLDock, you have an "eye" for great audio pictures and scenery (Lexus).
    Hey, thanks! I'm glad I was able to make the event. It was cool. Audio, free finger food, and raffle prizes = good times.

Abt is one of the most unique upscale home stores in the Country. It's located near some affluence areas in the greater Chi suburban area. I've been wanting to stop in for awhile. I've passes the area many times driving around Chi for budget Craigslist deals. I live in NW Indiana and I would say that my household income in much less than their typical customer. LOL!

Nevertheless, its great to have a place like this to get away and listen to music on nice systems, and dream a little. The stuff that was within my budget I was impressed with. I almost picked up a set of those Edifiers but the SVS were impressive and I want to listen again upset better circumstances.

As far as the Lexus.... As soon as I pulled in the store lot I saw many nice cars and that SC just popped! I stopped and held up traffic for a sec to take a picture.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2019
    I thought cables mattered... what is up with the Rat Shack special here?

7opxici6rrfx.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2019
    ...double post.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited October 2019
    I thought cables mattered... what is up with the Rat Shack special here?

7opxici6rrfx.jpg

I thought they were Bluetooth speakers?!?

jhb12p12bf7z.png

Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • WLDock
    Not only are they Bluetooth, but the speakers are wire-free/wireless to each other. So, one could get away with just having to plug them into an outlet if using just bluetooth.

https://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/s3000pro

Still, I think they could have found a better interconnect for the CD player. All of the nicer systems had at least the mid to upper Audioquest stuff in use.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I have been to Abt numerous times. My family has purchased a lot of appliances there (they used to be great at making deals - back in the day - now, not so much). You can save a lot if you buy the floor/demo models.

I would NOT recommend having a car stereo installed there. Their techs are a little "sketchy," to say the least.

They have grown by leaps and bounds in the last 10 years but business has always been good/they're always very busy.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I like ( in that one picture ) how the guy let his wife ( assumed ) sit in the sweet spot between the martin Logan beasts. Then again maybe she IS the one shopping for new speakers and he's asking her why she needs another new set.

I can almost hear him/her convincing him/her how much he/she needs them. ;)

There's a lot to assume in that one picture! :D

It would make a great POSTER!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited October 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    I like ( in that one picture ) how the guy let his wife ( assumed ) sit in the sweet spot between the martin Logan beasts. Then again maybe she IS the one shopping for new speakers and he's asking her why she needs another new set.

I can almost hear him/her convincing him/her how much he/she needs them. ;)

There's a lot to assume in that one picture! :D

It would make a great POSTER!

I dunno -- I think her body language speaks volumes. :/

loxdeqnbicaq.jpg
  • WLDock
    Man, that area with the Martin Logan's was impressive. They had some of the largest 4k, 8k TV's with some of the most amazing images I've seen. I really was really digging this 77" LG OLED!

loeuzk20zyt8.jpg